Pip but no zip? (HELP WANTED!!)

I can’t see for sure in the photo…. but, if it’s pipped through the shell and membrane breathing outside air, I’d just remain patient and see what it can accomplish on its own. Continue to closely monitor. I would only be worried if the cheeping and movement begin to slow way down. That would mean that it was giving up. Then, make the decision whether to help even more. You are the very best judge as to when to intervene if needed. I’m assuming that it’s been internally pipped for quite some time with no further progress to pip through the shell.

I just went to check on the two chicks that had already hatched, and both of them are dead. What could have happened??? I’m so sad, they seemed perfectly fine 30 minutes ago! They are already stiff and everything. Is there an explanation for this?

The other chick I was worried about still hasn’t hatched, j chipped away a little more of the shell and put neosporin on the membrane. It’s still cheeping and moving it’s beak so I think that’s all I should do for now?
View attachment 3577217
It seems to have pipped the wrong end, i find this happens when my humidity is too high and the eggs hasn’t lost enough weight through incubation. usually they hatch out just fine, but will need a little more time…

I just went to check on the two chicks that had already hatched, and both of them are dead. What could have happened??? I’m so sad, they seemed perfectly fine 30 minutes ago! They are already stiff and everything. Is there an explanation for this?
oh no :( I’ve never used a non-diy incubator so I don’t really have a clue. do they have enough oxygen? I’m sorry for your loss. How high is temp and humidity?

oh no :( I’ve never used a non-diy incubator so I don’t really have a clue. do they have enough oxygen? I’m sorry for your loss. How high is temp and humidity?
It should be fine, the temp is 99.5 and humidity is around 72%. They both were born with curled toes so maybe that had something to do with it? I don’t have much experience with that though. Maybe something with the parents? I got the eggs from a friend.

Back
Top Bottom