Pipped 12hours ago.....

caroline50

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 23, 2011
Hi, this is my first hatch so advice needed!my first egg pipped at about 12 hours ago , chick is still moving inside but seems to be taking a while , should I help now or just let it be?

Happy Easter !

hi im in the exact same situation exept its been 16 hours for my pip. i do se verry lil moving. verry litle!!
we should wait till morning then help. so i was told but if we see blood put it back in the bator and no touch!!! so i was told too
hmm.png

some pip, and zip quick. Others REALLY TAKE THEIR TIME! I've had them take closer to 18 hours between pip and hatched a few times. My 1st Duck egg just hatched. That was 36 hours from pip to hatch

ah thanks for that, i was p at 5,30 this morning had to top the water up to keep 70% humidity & i never seen it then , its rather small, slightly underneath and half way down, so a bit out of the norm i suppose, ive now got two trying to pip, by that i mean theres small pieces off shell broke off but no actual hole pierced !!

Yesterday at 1pm one had pipped a little hole and then nothing, not even when I checked at 2:30am 13-1/2 hours later. However it hatched sometime later and was out at 6am when I got up. For me the first one out of the batch takes the longest from Pip to Zip..

Back
Top Bottom