Pipped no zip

Moonie979

Chirping
May 30, 2023
I was given 9 quail eggs to try hatching and lost all but 1 along the way for whatever reasons. My last 1 pipped yesterday morning and throughout the day kicked off it's shell but still hasn't zipped. At some point while it kept pushing it's head out, it busted a vessel. It's still moving and breathing but the membrane was drying out so I put a small amount of coconut oil on it. I still see veins too. Any suggestions? He pipped midway up the egg.

20230530_065926_HDR.jpg
It's been 24 hrs since pip

I still see blood vessels though. Is it possible it pipped before it should have?
Are your vents wide open? The need for oxygen is the trigger to pip. What day are you on? If they aren't ready to detach from the inside of the egg and pip early, they can rupture vessels.

Are your vents wide open? The need for oxygen is the trigger to pip. What day are you on? If they aren't ready to detach from the inside of the egg and pip early, they can rupture vessels.
I have had them 19 days. I don't know how long they were sat on before I got them either. I stopped turning them on day 15 and candled them before locking down. This is the only 1 that has done anything.

My vents are open, 80% humidity and the temp has stayed between 37.5 c to 37. 7 c

Oh and it did rupture a vessel last night sometime. Cause it was bleeding when I checked on it. It's close to another too that I'm now worrying about.

I have had them 19 days. I don't know how long they were sat on before I got them either. I stopped turning them on day 15 and candled them before locking down. This is the only 1 that has done anything.

My vents are open, 80% humidity and the temp has stayed between 37.5 c to 37. 7 c
Lower the humidity a bit, should be around 60 to 65%, they can drown at 80%. Quail pip and zip pretty quick, I think you will need to assist any that go over 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom