Pipping now!!!

Thank you so much! Unfortunately the little one died ;( rip “Squaggles McGee” …named by my 6 year old.
Im not opening that lid again! I have 11 eggs left in there. I feel if I never opened it and it died, I’d blame myself… but I opened it and it died and I still blame myself.
Meanwhile, I know other chicken owners that think im too attached or care too much for “livestock.” To me, I love all my babies- even the tiny ones I only got to hold for a minute.
..that's terrible luv. It'll get less stressful. Promise Don't blame yourself...it happens. Chickens are very hardy birds. Unfortunately some don't make it. I know this is going to sound crazy...next time have your daughter write down what she wants to name it. Set it somewhere around incubator, don't say it out loud until yall know he's a survivor. We are all 2 attached until they grow up and piss us off. Hope u hatch em all and leave that lid on....lol

..that's terrible luv. It'll get less stressful. Promise Don't blame yourself...it happens. Chickens are very hardy birds. Unfortunately some don't make it. I know this is going to sound crazy...next time have your daughter write down what she wants to name it. Set it somewhere around incubator, don't say it out loud until yall know he's a survivor. We are all 2 attached until they grow up and piss us off. Hope u hatch em all and leave that lid on....lol
Thank you so much. I appreciate the help and hope you’ll be there in the next few days if I have questions ❤️

Thank you so much! Unfortunately the little one died ;( rip “Squaggles McGee” …named by my 6 year old.
Im not opening that lid again! I have 11 eggs left in there. I feel if I never opened it and it died, I’d blame myself… but I opened it and it died and I still blame myself.
Meanwhile, I know other chicken owners that think im too attached or care too much for “livestock.” To me, I love all my babies- even the tiny ones I only got to hold for a minute.
Sorry for your loss. :hugs The opening of the incubator was not the cause of death. As was pointed out, there was a lot of visible blood, and that almost certainly had something to do with the death. How are the others doing? Have any hatched?

Sorry for your loss. :hugs The opening of the incubator was not the cause of death. As was pointed out, there was a lot of visible blood, and that almost certainly had something to do with the death. How are the others doing? Have any hatched?
Thank you 🙏 So far this morning, I haven’t seen any activity

I think you need to check all of them.
The candle are on top of this incubator is useless, and when I put the eggs on a flashlight, I feel like I can’t see anything through the egg like the egg shells are so thick that I can’t see anything. My friends said when they hatched the last babies, they didn’t hatch until day 25 in the incubator.

I think you need to check all of them.
I candled the rest of the eggs in the incubator just now. I am leaving five eggs in because they look like they are still viable. Five looked like they were never fertilized and just look like eggs. One looked like at some point it started to develop but stopped a while ago. Looked like a small dark embryo. The ones that I am leaving in the incubator were put in 21 days ago today

Back
Top Bottom