Pipping now!!!

Why is the temperature so low now? Is the lid still propped open?
I have the lid completely closed. He has more of the egg opened and is chirping. There’s like a thin layer of papery film just under the shell, but beyond that underneath it looks like part of the sac is open and around the chick itself. I could see it’s feathers

Attachments

• EAB8C25F-DC97-4C44-A319-6BDEC51BBA14.jpeg
    EAB8C25F-DC97-4C44-A319-6BDEC51BBA14.jpeg
    276.6 KB · Views: 4
I have the lid completely closed. He has more of the egg opened and is chirping. There’s like a thin layer of papery film just under the shell, but beyond that underneath it looks like part of the sac is open and around the chick itself. I could see it’s feathers

Attachments

• FDFD0E95-2848-4345-A630-95D1DF9214EA.jpeg
    FDFD0E95-2848-4345-A630-95D1DF9214EA.jpeg
    281.7 KB · Views: 1
Okay, good, I thought you were saying that your incubator sensor was 94.8.

View attachment 3601613
Ok thank you ! It’s not like dripping blood or anything, but I could definitely see there is blood present because the membrane inside around him is also opened. It’s like there’s an outer layer membrane that the shell is attached to and then there is the other membrane which is the sac that is directly touching the chicken. Is that correct?

Ok thank you ! It’s not like dripping blood or anything, but I could definitely see there is blood present because the membrane inside around him is also opened. It’s like there’s an outer layer membrane that the shell is attached to and then there is the other membrane which is the sac that is directly touching the chicken. Is that correct?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 2
Thru trail and error is the only way 2 successfully teach urself and learn from experiences like these. Plus u have the great folks here @ byc to help. I try to open the lid as little as possible. From my experience the more u open that lid the worse it is for ur chicks/eggs. Whenever its opened while they are hatching it can shrink wrap the egg around the chick. Another words...the inside of the shell will dry up and stick to the chick.. I open it to candle maybe twice during incubation. Don't stress....

Thru trail and error is the only way 2 successfully teach urself and learn from experiences like these. Plus u have the great folks here @ byc to help. I try to open the lid as little as possible. From my experience the more u open that lid the worse it is for ur chicks/eggs. Whenever its opened while they are hatching it can shrink wrap the egg around the chick. Another words...the inside of the shell will dry up and stick to the chick.. I open it to candle maybe twice during incubation. Don't stress....
Thank you so much! Unfortunately the little one died ;( rip “Squaggles McGee” …named by my 6 year old.
Im not opening that lid again! I have 11 eggs left in there. I feel if I never opened it and it died, I’d blame myself… but I opened it and it died and I still blame myself.
Meanwhile, I know other chicken owners that think im too attached or care too much for “livestock.” To me, I love all my babies- even the tiny ones I only got to hold for a minute.

Back
Top Bottom