Pippin's flock- stories, pictures and updates 🐣

Pics
Darwin, have you come to terms with the fact that Raven is not attracted to you? Or are you still trying to win her heart?
Nope. This morning I tried again with that beautiful black beauty! It was short, but I did it before she kicked me off! Luckily Ginger was still roosting in the coop!
20211107_141431_HDR.jpg

Important Update!
So last night, Raven was being weird.
She was trying to push past the mamas and get into the very corner of the nesting box. I took her out because they were pecking her. But she just kept on going back into the boxes.
I thought she was just cold so I gave her a hug. But then she went to the corner of the coop and started doing that shuffly-nest-making thing.
So I thought, 'Okay, she's gonna lay an egg in a few weeks'
This morning I found this in the corner of the nesting box where Raven was going!
20211123_071018_HDR~2.jpg
20211123_071338_HDR~2.jpg

Congratulations Raven!

20211120_150711_HDR.jpg

Important Update!
She was trying to push past the mamas and get into the very corner of the nesting box. I took her out because they were pecking her. But she just kept on going back into the boxes.
I thought she was just cold so I gave her a hug. But then she went to the corner of the coop and started doing that shuffly-nest-making thing.
This morning I found this in the corner of the nesting box where Raven was going!View attachment 2906836View attachment 2906837

Congratulations Raven!

View attachment 2906838
Congrats! Raven is so beautiful! :love

Important Update!
This morning I found this in the corner of the nesting box where Raven was going!View attachment 2906836View attachment 2906837

Congratulations Raven!

View attachment 2906838
My favorite part of this story is how you thought she was cold and gave her a hug ❤️. Raven is beautiful and so is her first egg!

Back
Top Bottom