pips and zip and LOTS of pics... Lockdown.......Hatch date 8/28

Quote:
I can show you a zip. It's not good but I hope you can see it.

7163_same_one.jpg

Here is my new silkie.
love.gif

7163_my_first_silkie.jpg

Quote:
Hi TXmom, I am still waiting also as I set my eggs in the evening of the 9th so I am pretty close to you. Some of the folk have had great success so we can rejoice for them and admire their photos while we wait
smile.png
You sound like you are purring anyway with your darling little brood
smile.png
smile.png
I do wish you well with your incubated ones.

final run down
40 eggs set
1 i thought was blank and killed a 6 day old embryo
1 blood ring at day 7
2 got some funky rot
6 blanks( i had three different suppliers on the eggs)
2 developed but never pipped or zipped
28 hatched (1 needs to be culled)

by the way. I had 100 % hatch on Bargains eggs. 2 never developed for some reason but i am EXTATIC about eggs shipped from GA to MN in August having a 100% hatch.

More photos later. All the babies have had their shots and are in their brooder house in the coop
smile.png

Now to clean that nasty bator. EWWWWWW

One of the eggs in batch #2 exploded today.

Talk about eeeeewwwww.

Tossed another and have a third that is suspect.

So 2 out of 6 left?

once again day 17 explosion: eeeeewwwwwww.

Will be setting batch #3 next week sometime, and then I am out. Anyone join me?

Quote:
Same here. I set mine on the 10th at 3 pm so maybe we will be hatching buddies. I'm anxiously waiting for mine to hatch as well. Gratz for you guys/gals with chicks and better luck next time for those who don't.

Last edited:
Muddi-
Hmm...I had the same thing happen with my first hatch. Did you candle them prior to lockdown?
My first batch didn't start pipping till the evening of day 21 and then most hatched on day 22 so all is definitely not lost. Have your temps been good?

I candled, but I didn't really know what I was looking for so I didn't take anything out. There did seem to be big dark blobs and big air sacks in several of them. My temps have been pretty consistent (if my thermometer is good, which I compared with two others), between 99.4 and 100.5...fingers crossed they are just late bloomers. I have a brand new still air hova-bator.

Back
Top Bottom