pips&peeps...this one's for you...lol

pips&peeps :

My, my someone has been busy.
lol.png

Good for them! I thoroughly enjoyed it, but won't be visiting it again as I don't want to buy, sell or trade or discuss everything ee.

I need to get busy next week and take pictures of my breeding facility so I can show how much effort is required to breed ameraucanas properly.

I wish them luck getting approved by the APA. All other birds that have an APA Standard have color, comb standard, eye color, leg color and body type definitions and ee's are so varied which is where the problem lies. That is why they are considered "mutts" by the APA.

I can't wait to see your pictures!​

Yes, Jean, post pictures!! Seriously, I was thinking of asking you how your breeding pens were set up--I need more pens, and so I need ideas!
big_smile.png

As for the site...there's nothing wrong with EEs, if that's what you want (a bird that could be any color and lay almost any color eggs). The problem I have is people often don't know what they have (not Araucana or Ameraucana) and that the hatcheries won't quit misrepresenting the birds that they are selling....

I hated the name "Easter Egger" for our crossbreds....gotta come up with a better name!

I still like the AmerIcana with an "i" in it....however it would confuse newbies. That is how I would call my crossbreds Americanas but still inform folks who buys my birds that they are not the REAL thing, just a crossbred Easter Egger or some rejected Amercuana that does not fit any of the criteria of Amercuana standard.

Quote:
I dunno, you might want to reconsider that.

When I see that someone is using the term "Americana", I just automatically assume they don't know what they are talking about.....which is probably judging a book by it's cover, but you know prejudices do run deep.

If I see the term "EE", I know for sure that they have a good idea what their birds aren't. I have both EE's and Ameraucanas, and I am not putting a value judgement on either one of them, BUT I do want to know that I am getting what I want if/as/when I am specifically looking for one or the other.

Susan

Back
Top Bottom