12 Years
May 4, 2007
Maine
I couldn't resist!!
lol.png

http://www.eastereggers.com/

My, my someone has been busy.
lol.png

Good for them! I thoroughly enjoyed it, but won't be visiting it again as I don't want to buy, sell or trade or discuss everything ee.

I need to get busy next week and take pictures of my breeding facility so I can show how much effort is required to breed ameraucanas properly.

I wish them luck getting approved by the APA. All other birds that have an APA Standard have color, comb standard, eye color, leg color and body type definitions and ee's are so varied which is where the problem lies. That is why they are considered "mutts" by the APA.

I just came across that tonight and you were the first person I thought of... the Ameraucana Police!!

I thought it was a cute site, but I agree with you, if there is no standard to compare a bird against, there really is no point is there??

What a complete load of garbage! Not impugning anyone who has Easter Eggers. I had Easter Eggers. But I didn't parade around saying they came first and have a noble and historic american heritage...lol And I certainly didn't insult people who breed "the so-called Ameraucana" who has been limited to only eight colors...
lau.gif

To prove I had Easter Eggers, below is a picture of Splash my flock rooster and a few of his hens. Just so no one thinks I am being rude or poking fun. Silly Easter Egger nazis...

Splashcockwithhens.jpg

lau.gif

You gotta love both breeds! Each breed have their own traits and every breeder got their own opinion how their birds should classify but there are some differences in there!

Now Jane, how about some chicks next year?????
clap.gif

If you have found that you have an Araucana , an Aruacana reject, or an Ameraucana,
do not despair, you still have a fine chicken that will produce colorful eggs, and with a little crossbreeding, you too can be an Easter Egger breeder in good standing.

I just saw that.
ep.gif
So they want us to cross our Araucanas and Ameraucanas to create Easter Eggers...
barnie.gif
Oh that just makes me giggle.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom