Pitting crop

Redbirdacres

Songster
Mar 22, 2022
Tonight my husband couldn't find our Gracie girl. We found her in the garage instead of the coop. The last time this happened, about a year ago, she had sour crop. Tonight when I picked her up, her crop wasn't soft and mushy like it was with sour crop but it was quite large and hard. Upon massaging it became pitted (like pitting edema). Is the the start an impacted crop/sour crop? I will of course check her first thing in the morning when it should be empty and see how she is but has anyone else experienced a pitting crop and can help? Thanks much!

Tonight my husband couldn't find our Gracie girl. We found her in the garage instead of the coop. The last time this happened, about a year ago, she had sour crop. Tonight when I picked her up, her crop wasn't soft and mushy like it was with sour crop but it was quite large and hard. Upon massaging it became pitted (like pitting edema). Is the the start an impacted crop/sour crop? I will of course check her first thing in the morning when it should be empty and see how she is but has anyone else experienced a pitting crop and can help? Thanks much!
I agree, I'd re-check the crop first thing in the morning and see if it's emptied.

If it's not emptied, then follow the instructions in the article below.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Back
Top Bottom