Pittsburgh, PA (AKA Steeler Country, West PA, East OH, North WV)!

I am from a smaller town about 45 min south of pittsburgh called new eagle. Growing up my grandfather had some chicken I have now decided, 20years laterto try it for myself. My family is now the owners of six hens. I must say its a blast.

I got way out of control but now I can control my addiction.
Ducks, chickens, turkeys, quail and one guinea hen.

I am getting some pigs in spring. Atleast that's my plan

If mine is truly a hen because I'm guessing I will take you up on that offer.

I have week old jumbo quail if interested

I am from a smaller town about 45 min south of pittsburgh called new eagle. Growing up my grandfather had some chicken I have now decided, 20years laterto try it for myself. My family is now the owners of six hens. I must say its a blast.

Hey another addict here, 30 chickens, 20 turkey, 12 white Indian runners, silkies, geese, rabbits, swans, you name it!

Anyone have swans?
Amber

I got way out of control but now I can control my addiction.
Ducks, chickens, turkeys, quail and one guinea hen.

I am getting some pigs in spring. Atleast that's my plan

Hello to all the new folks!! West Central area here... 1.5 hrs NE of Pittsburgh.

Ambkat, We use a marina near Conneaut Lake for our boat work, beautiful countryside up there!

Sussex : near point-of-lay pullets for sale

Hi,
So glad to have found this thread! I am in Waterford, just outside Ligonier. We breed Sussex fowl.
Bred collies for 15 years and retired the kennel in 2009. After trying several breeds, decided on Sussex
in 2011. Got my foundation birds in 2012. Had a nice hatch this Spring and have 6 pullets I need to
place as we downsize for overwintering. They are inbred on my best layer, who is their dam.
My avatar is 1/2 sister to the dam of these pullets. They share the same sire. My birds are from
North American flocks, no Australian blood.
Not breeding stock because they fail in vital show points, they should make a lovely laying flock.
if you missed the breeding season or need to replace birds in your flock, please consider these.
The pullets were hatched on April 1st, 15th, and 28th. they have never been sick, nor have any of my
birds ever been off my property or new birds brought in. . I do have an NPIP number. I have raised
them for 7 months and they should start laying in Nov. sometime. Tho it cost a lot more than this to
raise each of them, I have decided to accept 1 quan. 50 lb. bag of Southern States Breeder Layer
per bird. There is an Agway here in Ligonier which carries this feed. This is dirt cheap for this quality of pullet.

If you are looking for a nice laying flock, these gentle curious pullets may be just what you are looking for.
Best Regards,
Karen Tewart
Ligonier, PA
email: [email protected]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom