Pix of Duck Pens and Huts? Please help...

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by SterlingAcres, Sep 27, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I've been searching, but can't find anything I need.

I'm building a 'duck tractor' until I know these adopted ducks are safe to add in with my chickens. I'm thinking maybe 10ish, depends what the lady has (waiting to hear back).

DH ran out to get my netting and the rest of the supplies to finish the run (so we can go grab our jake from Jody and Charlie). So, we'll be building this thing tonight and tomorrow.

It's their quarantine, so can you show me some helpful pictures? I have an idea, but a visual would be fantastic!!! [​IMG] thanks soooo much guys!

2. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Oh, they're Pekin ducks, if that helps with measurement issues... [​IMG] Sorry!

3. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Wow... Really? [​IMG]

4. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Just get some fence post stakes and pound them in the ground and get some chicken wire and fence it in to make a temparary pen for the ducks until the quarintene period is over.

Jayare

5. SportTees

SportTees Chillin' With My Peeps

Jayare's Chicks :

Just get some fence post stakes and pound them in the ground and get some chicken wire and fence it in to make a temparary pen for the ducks until the quarintene period is over.

Jayare

I agree but here's mine

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  6. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    Here is a pic of 5 of my 6 ducks in the 40 gallon troft. My Khaki Campbell Drake is the 1 not in the pic.

[​IMG]

Jayare

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  7. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Do ducks need a roof (netting of some type) so that they don't fly out or will they stay put in a pen?

8. RoyalHillsLLC

RoyalHillsLLC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2007
    NW Louisiana-Vivian
    Will need a roof. My Muscovies can fly out so I put a cheap bird netting over and it works fine.

9. Badhbh

Badhbh Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    I disagree on roofing to contain- my Pekins are so huge and heave that they couldn't even THINK of flying. They can't even get in the kiddie pool without flapping like mad and grunting. You may want some netting to keep flying critters out though.

10. SportTees

SportTees Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:It depends on if you have a breed that can fly or not. I put netting over mine to help keep out other kinds of birds because they steal all the duck food.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by