Pix of the Rescued Broilers :)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by hooligan, Jan 24, 2008.

1. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Ok, this is my first "real" pix post so I thought I'd share some of the pix I have taken of the broilers we are now caring for, they definately have all got their own personalities, just like all chickens!

Here's them right after I took them out of my car (btw it took days for that smell to come out!). Their first time in the sun and on natural soil
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Himmler after his bath, this one was one of the chickens who had to stay in bc of the URI.
    [​IMG]

And here's Bob Marley after his bath, partner to Himmler in the house as he had a URI too.
    [​IMG]

This is Farmer getting his bath, you can see how the factory farms "care" for the chickens by taking a look at his skin. This was before he became lame and showed signs of gangrene dermatitis.
    [​IMG]

After his bath, warming himself close tot he space heater, look at those white feathers!
    [​IMG]

I took these of him last night. He sleeps on Lucas' house shoes so his legs can be out on both sides, it seems more comfy for him since he can no longer stand. He's such a cutie. He gets a Tyson box laid down underneath him for his poops [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this is the girl who fell off the truck when I was on my way to the vet on Monday. This is her good side, The other side of her face is bruised and she is just now able to open her eye. The vet thinks when she fell off the truck she landed on her face. He didn't think she'd make it but with some syringe feeding she is now eating on her own and walking!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2007
    hooligan you rule.
    good thing you don't live close to me or i'd recruit you as a foster for the group i volunteer with. i always need good homes that are friendly to the "underbirds."

[​IMG]

ps - great photos. keep 'em. they will mean a lot to you as the years go by.

3. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Bless your heart. Now Cammilla, Bob Marley, Farmer ,Himmler and the rest can have some days of peace with what is left of their lives.[​IMG]

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

That is just so great of you to rescue these birds. They really do have wonderfull personalities!

5. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Wow hooligan, you're their angel for sure. Isn't it a great feeling when you save lives? Or at least make their lives pleasant like it should be.

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Awww that is so sweet of you - you have such a big heart! [​IMG]

7. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    These guys are really awesome. I need to take pix of the ones who DON'T have health problems! Its such a nice feeling when I go outside to feed them and see how they are beginning to intergrate into the flock.
    They, for the most part, stick to them selves but we have a mixed hen that was given to us (she and some bantams needed a home as the husband to the owner passed on and she could no longer afford to feed them) and she seems to be the first one to hang out with them at the waterer and when treats are brought.
    I am just glad they waddle about and are getting some exercise!

8. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Hooligan you are a good soul. Thank God for people like you. [​IMG]

Cara

9. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Great job of caring .....

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

10,000 Good Karma points for each broiler you rescued!
    I know that they're enjoying their new lives.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by