PL has gone broody! (PIC HEAVY)

What gives! Day 2 and still no chicks!!!!! J/K
tongue2.gif

I've been trying to get my temp down from 104*.
barnie.gif
Its going down really slowly. I don't want to make hard boiled eggs...

Caught my Black Australorp in the nest box yesterday. Found an egg half an hour later. You may possibly have one of hers in with that batch too. Not sure. I got 8 eggs from 12 hens today so I've got more laying than I thought!
Good luck with the temps. Keep us posted.

A Black Australorp chickie would be cool.

I have my temps and humidity finally under control. 100.5*F and 43% humidity. Woo Hoo! I built a candler so next week we should be all set to take a sneak peak and the eggs. I have my fingers crossed that I didn't botch them up!
fl.gif

Quote:
Hope not. Candling was one of the coolest things I've ever done. I just used a cone of black construction paper and a little led flashlight. When I held up that first egg and saw this little thing wiggling around I got so excited I almost dropped it! An awesome feeling to see a chick growing in an egg you're holding in your hand.
cool.png

If I remember right, some suggested I wait 'til day 10. I don't think I made it!! LOL I'm pretty sure I candled at day 7, then had to sit on my hands to keep from doing it everyday.
Then I again, I'm not going to be the one to discourage you since I want to know if they're growing as much as you do!!

I think we're gonna wait to tomorrow... I'm restraining myself like crazy! I JUST NEED TO KNOW!!!!
droolin.gif
I feel like a little boy waiting for Santa.

My wife and I just finished building "Super Brooder"! 4'x8'x22" It divided into 2 4'x4' sections. My Chickie's are coming in this week!
celebrate.gif

See what you made me do.....
idunno.gif

I candled.
tongue2.gif
I'm not sure if I really know what I'm looking for though. There are 3 with defined veining and a few questionable ones. Some of them had shells too dark to tell. Also some had a 2 toned top and bottom, darker on the top and lighter on the bottom. I smelled each of them too. None had any type of odor to them. Hopefully that's a good thing.

When should I candle again?

Back
Top Bottom