Places in the US where No Idiots Live

No. And morals. I meet more people without them than with them, and it irks me. Or respect for your fellow man. Or the fact that we were all born equal, and some people just simply cannot help the situation they sometimes find themselves in. . .don't get me started. But, NO, it does not exist. I always said I wanted 500 acres and live right in the middle (all timber) and I want that more now than ever before in my life. People just wear me out, family and otherwise.

Quote:
Do you mean tourons
wink.png
?

Touridiots?

They call it tourist season, so why can't we shoot them?

My parents immigrated (legally) to this country almost 60 years ago. It was a country with endless opportunities and all you had to do was work hard and follow good old morals and ethics.

Sadly, I believe the time has come to move on. The country my father had so many hopes for his children and grandchildren no longer exists. While it has been good to us, I fear for my children and grandchildren's future. May God bless America .... Pleaseeeee!
hit.gif

edited for spelling...

Last edited:
Actually, yes. When I went to chickenstock, I met a woman who asked where I was staying. When I told her in the van, she immediately invited me to her house. Mind you, she didn't even know my name. And she had 4 precious children any one of which I would bring home in a minute (if I were looking for good kids to steal). Her husband was equally kind. When the couple hosting the event found out they also invited me to stay there, busy as they were. Now I know that some of their neighbors are probably jerks, but it seems to me that most people are weird but good, many are thoughtless and seem rude and some are just plain selfish. With those people, you are allowed to be rude right back. With the other two, you have to be your nicest. We drove cross country a few years ago, and I was very entertained by how much the groups all mingle. In a small town you'd find rude church ladies. Then someone would be kind in New York City. I think going being nice is one of the best ways to see how people are; many people just need you to prove that you are not a jerk and then they are comfortable being kind in return.

Quote:
You must have been to a different Colorado than we go camping and hiking in every summer......there are no 15,000' peaks in Colorado...the highest is Mt Elbert at 14, 433'. Me and our daughter can only make it to about 13,000' before our asthma kicks in so unfortunately I'll never get to climb a fourteener. We set and watch the rest of them finish the climb. Unfortunately even on those hikes we run into idiots periodically....or worse yet see the trash they threw down instead of packing out.

There are idiots everywhere, but if you can live rural enough they're spaced far enough apart you don't have to see or deal with them too much.

Quote:
No, and there never truly was. There can be and is small areas of decent communities-----YOU have to make them. Random acts of kindness is a good start. Banning all talks of religion, politics, and ego helps---good luck with that. Me,,I'm a curmugeon, that crazy old coot you remember as a kid yelling to "get off my lawn"

No vaccums in nature. If a certain area is missing their idiot, a new one will step up.

And guess what---------------

Idiots are here on BYC

Oh Goodness! Did I say that? Oh the shame of it all!

And guess what else------

anybody can fill the missing idiot spot at any given time.

Back
Top Bottom