Places in the US where No Idiots Live

Here's an idea...let's all chip in and buy a town together, then we can have as many chickens as we want!
wee.gif

No, but some places are certainly better than others. This farm community here in west central IL is MUCH more Mayberry RFD than the rural areas in western ny where I lived, and worlds apart from cities such as Niagara Falls, Buffalo, Chicago, Iowa City, etc. Dont get me wrong, their rude people and complete idiots here, just not as many. I think as more rural you get, the more nicer people are, as well as the further you get from the east coast.

Quote:
I beg to differ with that statement. Here in CA we have idiots in every shape, size, social status, economic status. I think our idiots far outweight those on the east coast.

Quote:
Sorry BockBock, even Walnut Grove had NELLIE!
hide.gif

I am pretty sure there is no such place, unless you're visiting. I know of lots of wonderful places, but once you stick around for a while, the idiots start creeping out like cockroaches.

I just moved into the most wonderful little town in small-town New Hampshire, and was so pleased and honored when the "locals" invited me to 'local karaoke night' that's held every other week at a neighbor's house. I went religiously (since it was the only thing to do in town, and it was nice to have a night out not far from home).

So everything was great for a few weeks, I had a nice time socializing with everyone. Then suddenly, one woman decided I "wanted her husband" and that started a rumor and the next thing you know my whole happy little town thinks I'm a husband stealer! I still don't know how any happy husband could be "stolen", but that's what they think. It's so ironic, because if you could SEE these husbands! I wouldn't take them for free, never mind STEAL them!

There was a thread recently talking about stereotypes and I posted more about this. It was really disappointing because I thought I had fit in well with the neighborhood and then discovered they were really just a bunch of alarmist gossips.
sad.png

So nope, haven't met a town without jerks yet!

There is. It's called www.backyardchickens.com

You found it! Officer's housing, in the military is supposed to be nice. Professor's housing developments, in University towns....

Communal living can be filled with idiots, but they are nice, and have a helpful attitude.

The farther you can get from a trailer park, the better. I bet ownign an island is nice.

Seriously, Maine had some really terrific places to live, but it takes about 30 years for your "new" to wear off. You don't become a local until the last person who lived on your street, before you, dies.

Quote:
I have been thinking the same thing, sadly, but where to go? I am concerned for my little great nieces and nephews growing up.

Quote:
Our covenants will ban alarm clocks! Roosters, yes. Alarm clocks, no. Any noob who complains about chickens gets a visit, from Team NutPunch. Followed by a polite gift basket, comprised of a large, cardboard box, some wood shavings, a feeder, a waterer, a smaller box that is making cheeping noises and a heat lamp.

Our community CC&Rs will state that you can have more than one vehicle (exhaust system optional) but at least one of the vehicles must be able to carry cargo (vagueness included for free), chickens are required, gardens are required. Except for the nudists, fences should be no more than elbow high, so you don't bonk the bottom of the pie plate, flower arrangements and casserole dishes on them, when passing stuff back and forth, to the neighbors.

Politeness is required. Disagreements will be settled by the spouses of the people involved. In the event of a tie, the matter will be settled by a contest to see whomever can grow the largest pumpkin.

The only true sin will be not taking care of your animals.

Spanking is okay.

Tube tops are not okay.

Well I have moved I guess about 6 time's in the last 25 year's but all within say a 80 mile radius.There are idiot's and Moron's basicaly wherever you go.So I wouldn't waste my time Moving 3000 mile's away.I am ahppy right now where I am.We still have neighbors (Not Close) and the other idiot's out here think the road is Daytona 500 on dirt with 500 pothole's.And some of these city slicking dude's and chickie's have nice ride's.Yep one day! They can't read while on cell and can't see DULY posted signs and They are eating beef for dinner.And I dont even have cows.I put them up for my bird's like most of them care
barnie.gif
.That just issues with the critter's glad I dont live Burb's anymore I got so tired of the crazie's and drama everyday.Good Luck on find even a "Mediocre" place.

If anyone finds this place let me know. I want to move on some land where my nearest neighbor is at least 5 miles away with a whole lot of trees between us

Back
Top Bottom