Plainfield IL Coop Permits

McGregs11

Hatching
Nov 24, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the world of chickens and really want to get some of my own, but i need to go through the Permit process with Plainfield. I was hoping to have someone point me in the right direction on the process, and give some insight on what to expect. Thank you

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the world of chickens and really want to get some of my own, but i need to go through the Permit process with Plainfield. I was hoping to have someone point me in the right direction on the process, and give some insight on what to expect. Thank you
Have you contacted your local code enforcement office? That is where I would start.

Hi Everyone,

You will need to fill out these forms: https://portal.laserfiche.com/Portal/DocView.aspx?id=292068&repo=r-665e213e

There is a coop permit and a chicken keeping permit.

The coop permit is more the more complicated one. You will need to submit two copies of a plat or survey of your property that shows where you plan to build the shelter. You also need to submit information that has the build plan and the materials for the coop, including foundation and electrical if applicable. You do not need to have a foundation, but you will need to anchor your coop to the ground somehow.

The city will also inspect your property. There is a pre-build inspection if you plan to pour concrete, and a post-build inspection for electrical and everything else. From the text it seems like you'll only need the post-build inspection if you don't pour a concrete foundation.

The chicken keeping permit basically says you have read the rules for keeping chickens and agree to follow them.

The permit application costs $80. Send the forms and all the materials and plans they ask for to the Village of Plainfield Planning Department.

You will need to fill out these forms: https://portal.laserfiche.com/Portal/DocView.aspx?id=292068&repo=r-665e213e

There is a coop permit and a chicken keeping permit.

The coop permit is more the more complicated one. You will need to submit two copies of a plat or survey of your property that shows where you plan to build the shelter. You also need to submit information that has the build plan and the materials for the coop, including foundation and electrical if applicable. You do not need to have a foundation, but you will need to anchor your coop to the ground somehow.

The city will also inspect your property. There is a pre-build inspection if you plan to pour concrete, and a post-build inspection for electrical and everything else. From the text it seems like you'll only need the post-build inspection if you don't pour a concrete foundation.

The chicken keeping permit basically says you have read the rules for keeping chickens and agree to follow them.

The permit application costs $80. Send the forms and all the materials and plans they ask for to the Village of Plainfield Planning Department.
Awesome. Thanks for all the info! I appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom