Planning Board & the annoying neighbors UPDATE 5/26/2011 Happy Ending!

Quote:
YES! AWESOME! They don't even live on the property line!
lol.png

he.gif
he.gif

Ouch my head, so we are meeting with the town today, unfortunately they want a title search! Not happening, that would cost around $300 and then they could still deny us the variance. My friend spent hours of her life going through deeds, I am not going to pay a title company to do the exact same thing. They can either except what we found or we can use one of the many loop holes in the codes and zoning guidelines to get shelter for our animals.
idunno.gif
What ever I am so fed up! If it wasn't for the fact this land was so important to my grandparents I would say sell it and we can find some land someplace else.
somad.gif
This is so stupid.

Last edited:
Quote:
Did you inherit the land? Can you provide them with the information on the recorded deeds to the property (dates, number, etc.) as well as whatever probate records you have showing that you inherited it (assuming you did since you mention it belonging to your grandparents).

If the current deed shows you as owning the property, ask for their justification in requesting a title search. If they have justification or insist, ask them to foot the bill. You should also consider finding out exactly what triggers the need for a variance or a building permit, and try to find a means of avoiding either of those necessities by building in a manner to meet all offsets and size and height restrictions. Consider using portable pens (with adequate siding and roofing to provide appropriate weather protection) rather than a permanent barn.

praying things go well for you and your plans. I was raised in the city, but moved to the country so I sort of empathize with idiots who don't know what they want, lol. I don't want to be shot at or commute in high-speed-tailgating-traffic, then again, I didn't plan on trading decent restaurants for waking with the chickens, sharing the highway with combines, and stepping in 'chaw' (chewing tobacco) in the church parking lot. looks like you are dealing with some smalltown minds too, and that really sucks. it's natural to want to defend yourself, but remember: argue with an idiot and those watching soon won't be able to tell who the idiot is.

best of luck
smile.png

Quote:
Did you inherit the land? Can you provide them with the information on the recorded deeds to the property (dates, number, etc.) as well as whatever probate records you have showing that you inherited it (assuming you did since you mention it belonging to your grandparents).

If the current deed shows you as owning the property, ask for their justification in requesting a title search. If they have justification or insist, ask them to foot the bill. You should also consider finding out exactly what triggers the need for a variance or a building permit, and try to find a means of avoiding either of those necessities by building in a manner to meet all offsets and size and height restrictions. Consider using portable pens (with adequate siding and roofing to provide appropriate weather protection) rather than a permanent barn.

I need a variance because we don't already have a permanent structure on the property and they say any building no matter how small or portable needs a variance to have it on the property.

We need a title search because a abstract company will certify it so if one of the neighbors tries to file a civil suite saying there are restrictions when the title company verifies there isn't the abstract company would have to pay for the legal fees. Even though we pretty much did a title search and found no restrictions, it is pretty much just to cover our rears. We don't really have the extra money lying around BUT after talking to the zoning people we are going to have one done.

Quote:
I don't argue when it is avoidable normally I just smile
smile.png
It throws people off! lol

I fling feces. Not as politically correct, but it throws them off too
smile.png

Quote:
I don't argue when it is avoidable normally I just smile
smile.png
It throws people off! lol

I fling feces. Not as politically correct, but it throws them off too
smile.png

I am trying to play nice but it may come to that
smile.png

The variance is required because there's not already a home on it?

Make part of the plans for the barn include living quarters... maybe a loft thing?

If it's got sleeping/living space (can you say futon), running hot and cold water, a bathroom, and a cooking area then it's a home.

Donno if that'd work now that you're this far in but boy oh boy wouldn't that just chap their chassis.

*snicker* I doubt I could resist checking it out... and if that loophole works then totally going for it just to see the look on that biddy's face. Hmmm... okay, laugh just got a wee bit maniacal so I'ma go make some decaf tea.

Back
Top Bottom