platinum and silver coturnix quails

Pics
PLATINUM OR SILVER ARE COMMONLY FOUND IN THE UK... HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO LOCATE ANY IN USA. THERE ARE A FEW BLUE IN CANADA, BUT AGAIN NOT HERE IN THE STATES

I have silvers/blues. not sure which ones since i get told differently by different people. Males are silver, females are blue basically.

Never hatched a male thats blue or a female thats silver so I think its the same colour just a shade difference with the genders, at least in the canadian strain. Which makes sexing young easy, if it feathers in so powdery blue its almost white it has always been a male and anything coloured like blue in a chicken has always been female. One thing I haven't been able to breed yet is a tuxedo male with that dilute factor...... since regular choc tuxedos are so dark I want to know if males would still turn out that silver. Females get a nice dark charcoal blue to them in tuxedo form.
Right now I have a breeding group made up of a nice dark rosetta male with wild type blue and blue pied hens(only a rosetta and tuxedo came out of that so far, nothin blue yet) and the male below is with wild type hens and a red-head(italian gold? i think some call it?). So far got a nice blue wild type hen going by colour and a blue headed golden male since his he is very silver.

Male- wild type, which are always labeled silvers:

The girls wild type pieds(where everyone tells me they are blues):

Now platinums I haven't seen in Canada either!

I have silvers/blues. not sure which ones since i get told differently by different people. Males are silver, females are blue basically.

Never hatched a male thats blue or a female thats silver so I think its the same colour just a shade difference with the genders, at least in the canadian strain. Which makes sexing young easy, if it feathers in so powdery blue its almost white it has always been a male and anything coloured like blue in a chicken has always been female. One thing I haven't been able to breed yet is a tuxedo male with that dilute factor...... since regular choc tuxedos are so dark I want to know if males would still turn out that silver. Females get a nice dark charcoal blue to them in tuxedo form.
Right now I have a breeding group made up of a nice dark rosetta male with wild type blue and blue pied hens(only a rosetta and tuxedo came out of that so far, nothin blue yet) and the male below is with wild type hens and a red-head(italian gold? i think some call it?). So far got a nice blue wild type hen going by colour and a blue headed golden male since his he is very silver.

Male- wild type, which are always labeled silvers:

The girls wild type pieds(where everyone tells me they are blues):

Now platinums I haven't seen in Canada either!

Awesome colors! might have to make a trip to Canada to "site see"..."no mister officer, my suit case didn't just crow."

Back
Top Bottom