Playing music for chicks.

so my 2 chicks are nervous in their brooder. we decided to put the classical music station on a small radio. they were skeptical at first, but now they’re nodding off to string quartets!!
may not work for all chicks but certainly calmed down this bunch. :)
I play the Classical Music station too! They luv the strings to wind down. The opera is especially fun when they are up and active.

I play the Classical Music station too! They luv the strings to wind down. The opera is especially fun when they are up and active.
Ha! They listen to a Washington DC NPR classical station. On Saturdays they play opera, and that seems okay. They don't seem to like the hour of NPR talk radio they play at night though. :idunno

I've read that people say that over time, predators get used to the music, but knock on wood, no evidence, tracks or digging, over any. Also, my original coop is attached to my shed, which I recently turned into a second coop. The 8 wk olds I put in the shed, wouldn't perch any longer, and piled on top of a barrel on corner to, what I believe, be next to the speaker (which is on the other side of the wall). :pop

I'm glad I'm not the only one that plays music for my baby chicks, lol
my family thinks I'm crazy, anyway it does seem to help them calm down at night, this batch of chicks are not as hyper as my last batch,

Back
Top Bottom