Playing? Toys?

dreamwallaby

Songster
9 Years
Apr 18, 2010
Camden County NJ
Forgive me if this sounds strange but all my previous bird experience is with parrots. Will the chicks play with things? I feel like I should be offering my babies something to do besides just eating. They went outside for a few hrs and loved it. They had a lot of fun jumping on and off their perch too. What else do you give chicks to keep them from being bored?

I often feel the same way with my chickens, right now I let the birds free range but I do not have much in the yard, because we just moved into the house we are living in. They usually come to our back door and just look at us as to say, " mom we're bored or we want something to eat." So any suggestions as to what to put in the yard/ their run so that they seemed a bit more occupied?

Get one of those clear balls or egg shaped things that come in two pieces and put a moth or a cricket inside and let them have it.
Then get the camera!
wee.gif

I put a mirror in the brooder from an old medicine cabinet that I removed from the bathroom. They enjoyed it so much that I moved it out to the coop when they got older! They strut back and forth in front of it, peck at their reflection............Funny stuff!

Back
Top Bottom