Pleasant Surprise!

sjohns20680

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 9, 2013
I had a couple different varieties of duck eggs in my incubator. My hatch days was Monday, May 13th. On Saturday, May 11th, eggs were hatching like crazy, I had 6 healthy chicks hatch that day. Left in my incubator were all 4 Call duck eggs and either 2 Blue Swed or Peking eggs. They were doing nothing all day Sunday. Monday morning I thought I saw a little wiggle wiggle from one of the Call duck eggs. I wasn't sure if it was a wiggle or just my hand shaking as I help my flashlight. I went in throughout the day and talked to it and I swear it would give a little wiggle when I did. One time I went in and I swore I heard some cheeping...I thought maybe it was coming from the larger egg. I was in and out throughout the day, talking to the eggs and looking for the wiggle. I heard a faint cheep again but was still unsure if I was hearing and seeing things. Later that evening I was depressed and told my husband that I must be losing my mind...nothing was happening in that incubator, it was all my imagination. I sat outside with my husband for awhile just watching our ducks on the pond and watching the horses fuss at each other. We went in the house and I went to the spare bedroom where I have my incubators set up, and when I opened the door I heard a VERY loud Cheeping. I went to the incubator expecting to see some pipping and low and behold there was a HATCHED baby Call Duck!!! I am walking on air this morning and just wanted to share! Now I have hope for the other 5 eggs in there, 3 more that are Calls!

I had a couple different varieties of duck eggs in my incubator. My hatch days was Monday, May 13th. On Saturday, May 11th, eggs were hatching like crazy, I had 6 healthy chicks hatch that day. Left in my incubator were all 4 Call duck eggs and either 2 Blue Swed or Peking eggs. They were doing nothing all day Sunday. Monday morning I thought I saw a little wiggle wiggle from one of the Call duck eggs. I wasn't sure if it was a wiggle or just my hand shaking as I help my flashlight. I went in throughout the day and talked to it and I swear it would give a little wiggle when I did. One time I went in and I swore I heard some cheeping...I thought maybe it was coming from the larger egg. I was in and out throughout the day, talking to the eggs and looking for the wiggle. I heard a faint cheep again but was still unsure if I was hearing and seeing things. Later that evening I was depressed and told my husband that I must be losing my mind...nothing was happening in that incubator, it was all my imagination. I sat outside with my husband for awhile just watching our ducks on the pond and watching the horses fuss at each other. We went in the house and I went to the spare bedroom where I have my incubators set up, and when I opened the door I heard a VERY loud Cheeping. I went to the incubator expecting to see some pipping and low and behold there was a HATCHED baby Call Duck!!! I am walking on air this morning and just wanted to share! Now I have hope for the other 5 eggs in there, 3 more that are Calls!
Great news, So happy for you. Congrats and keep us updated. And
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom