please can someone help!!!!!!!! Its urgent

Randhawa chickens

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
Australia
Hi all
I was just looking to find out if I have one of those automatic turners in my homemade incubator the cradling ones

And I have read mixed ideas about this and was wondeering if from day18 onward if I turn it off will they still hatch in the turner with the air cell up

Please give plenty of feedback

Jai:confused:

Last edited:
I take the turner out at day 18 and lay the eggs on a flat surface in the bator. Newly hatched baby chicks are very poor walkers and I worry about them getting caught in the turner.

I quickly put the eggs in a holder, take out the turner (after turning it off) and then quickly put the eggs back in. Momma leaves the nest for that amount of time, and I have not had a problem.

I take the turner out at day 18 and lay the eggs on a flat surface in the bator. Newly hatched baby chicks are very poor walkers and I worry about them getting caught in the turner.

I quickly put the eggs in a holder, take out the turner (after turning it off) and then quickly put the eggs back in. Momma leaves the nest for that amount of time, and I have not had a problem.

I would take them out of the turner and lie them on there side... its hard on their weak bodies to get out of their eggs propped up. I have an incubator with a wired floor and their legs are very fragile so I lay a towel at over the wire to reduce injure and just lie them on their side it makes it tons easier for them to hatch!!
smile.png
hope all goes well

Back
Top Bottom