please can someone help!!!!!!!! Its urgent

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Randhawa chickens, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Randhawa chickens

Randhawa chickens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2011
    Australia
    Hi all
    I was just looking to find out if I have one of those automatic turners in my homemade incubator the cradling ones

And I have read mixed ideas about this and was wondeering if from day18 onward if I turn it off will they still hatch in the turner with the air cell up

Please give plenty of feedback

Jai:confused:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  2. Randhawa chickens

Randhawa chickens Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2011
    Australia
    someone answer

3. Fritatta

Fritatta Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Woodstock, GA
    pictures? what type of incubator?

4. chicknerd

chicknerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    NH
    I take the turner out at day 18 and lay the eggs on a flat surface in the bator. Newly hatched baby chicks are very poor walkers and I worry about them getting caught in the turner.

I quickly put the eggs in a holder, take out the turner (after turning it off) and then quickly put the eggs back in. Momma leaves the nest for that amount of time, and I have not had a problem.

5. chicknerd

chicknerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    NH
    I take the turner out at day 18 and lay the eggs on a flat surface in the bator. Newly hatched baby chicks are very poor walkers and I worry about them getting caught in the turner.

I quickly put the eggs in a holder, take out the turner (after turning it off) and then quickly put the eggs back in. Momma leaves the nest for that amount of time, and I have not had a problem.

6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Its better to remove the turner, the chicks can get caught in it. Take it out on day 18 when you increase the humidity and stop turning them. Good luck!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  7. epen1234

epen1234 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2011
    I would take them out of the turner and lie them on there side... its hard on their weak bodies to get out of their eggs propped up. I have an incubator with a wired floor and their legs are very fragile so I lay a towel at over the wire to reduce injure and just lie them on their side it makes it tons easier for them to hatch!! [​IMG] hope all goes well

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by