Please don’t laugh but...

What on earth is a call duck?! I keep seeing that and have no idea what it means... Is this a breed? A color? A water fowl with Verizon? 🤣🤣🤣 Still learning here! Thanks!
I was told that they were originally bred to be used as live decoys for duck hunters. Their job was to quack a lot and draw the wild birds in. A friend calls them "Judas ducks". It is not legal to use them for hunting anymore. Here in Memphis, TN we have a hotel, The Peabody, that has them swimming in the fountain in the main lobby. The hotel says that years ago some hunters had a little too much to drink after a day of hunting and put their ducks in the fountain. The hotel liked it and have had some there ever since. They keep the ducks in the penthouse suite and march the down to the lobby every morning.

Calls are the cutest little ducks on the face of the earth, especially the white ones! 🥰 The females quack REALLY loud, especially when upset or calling for their mates. As others said, hunters used to use them as live decoys, attaching a string to one leg, to keep them from flying off, and that's illegal now. Plus, as ruthhope said, there is NO WAY to keep them outside without someone knowing you have ducks.

Last edited:
Calls are the cutest little ducks on the face of the earth, especially the white ones! 🥰 The females quack REALLY loud, especially when upset or calling for their mates. As others said, hunters used to use them as live decoys, attaching a string to one leg, to keep them from flying off, and that's illegal now. Plus as ruthhope said, there is NO WAY to keep them outside without someone knowing you have ducks.
I bet they are a-duck-able!!! Especially in person! I really want to hear one quack now!

Back
Top Bottom