Please, everyone post pictures of your shabby and chic coops here

This is my first post so please be gentle. After a lot of reading on here, this is what I came up with. I'm using a 3" PVC waterer with nipples and a 3" PVC gravity feeder. I built the "auto roll out" nesting boxes. I purchased nesting pads and the girls weren't too interested in them what so ever. Pulled the pads and they are all about it now. I have not seen them use the roosting bars as of yet, but I'm hopeful!

Thoughts? Comments?

Nice everyone!

I am curious, I am using pallets, what should I use to connect them? (Screws-what type?, nails-what type?, anything else?) I have a screw gun, hammer, screwdrivers, and ratchets. No nail guns and things of this nature. Please be specific, I am a woman and I am learning as I go. Thanks to all!

Here is Our Suburban Coop!
We repurposed our childhood wooden playhouse

Painted it and added a nesting box in the window along with hardware cloth covering up the openings and 2 doors. One for us too clean through and one for the hens to get in and out (although they have some trouble figuring out how to use it...)

We put in a covered run by building some frames and a door and covering them with chicken wire. We let them out in the run to go in and out as they please and on the weekends we let them around our yard while we supervise them. Over all it cost around $150 in materials to convert into a coop!

Nice everyone!

I am curious, I am using pallets, what should I use to connect them? (Screws-what type?, nails-what type?, anything else?) I have a screw gun, hammer, screwdrivers, and ratchets. No nail guns and things of this nature. Please be specific, I am a woman and I am learning as I go. Thanks to all!

We used 1" and 1 1/2" screws to connect everything. The easiest way to get them apart we found was to use a reciprocating saw and metal blade to just cut the nails connecting them. A hacksaw would probably do the same thing also. Have to be careful on some of the thinner pallets as to not bust the wood.

We used 1" and 1 1/2" screws to connect everything. The easiest way to get them apart we found was to use a reciprocating saw and metal blade to just cut the nails connecting them. A hacksaw would probably do the same thing also. Have to be careful on some of the thinner pallets as to not bust the wood.

Thank you! I am not sure if we have that type of saw, but I will keep that in mind. :)

Back
Top Bottom