Please, everyone post pictures of your shabby and chic coops here

Neat! I like the different colors, that looks cool.

It was my daughters idea to stagger the colors like that, we just laugh and call it our Easter coop. The OSB is 1'x4' not 2'x4' as I said earlier oops!
roll.png

I am positively SWOONING over your coop!

We really enjoy the coop! I actually sit on the steps daily and drink my morning coffee. I suppose if I'm going to be working in the garden and chicken area so much and spending a great deal of time outdoors, I might as well enjoy it too. We just decorated for Halloween yesterday.

We really enjoy the coop! I actually sit on the steps daily and drink my morning coffee. I suppose if I'm going to be working in the garden and chicken area so much and spending a great deal of time outdoors, I might as well enjoy it too. We just decorated for Halloween yesterday.

I'm jealous of all of these, they are all nice lol I don't have any pics but we have a 10x10 breeze way with two screen doors facing east and west, door to our sun porch on the north and the door to our garage on the south. Inside there is an aluminum sheet to catch poop with a saw horse for a perch. A Rubbermaid box with straw for the nest box. We prop the screen doors open in the morning, spray the aluminum sheet with the hose and when they are ready for bed they hop up on the saw horse and my rooster crows to let us know they're home... didn't cost us a penny, very Hoosier- fied. But it works!

I'm jealous of all of these, they are all nice lol I don't have any pics but we have a 10x10 breeze way with two screen doors facing east and west, door to our sun porch on the north and the door to our garage on the south. Inside there is an aluminum sheet to catch poop with a saw horse for a perch. A Rubbermaid box with straw for the nest box. We prop the screen doors open in the morning, spray the aluminum sheet with the hose and when they are ready for bed they hop up on the saw horse and my rooster crows to let us know they're home... didn't cost us a penny, very Hoosier- fied. But it works!

Ok you got me there lol

His couch

His chair

This is what he really thinks of the "coop"

The "coop"

Him n Lucy in the "coop"

I used pallets. Easy and cheap - insulated with foamboard I had laying around...put screening over it or they will eat it. used 1/4" mesh on floor and use pine shavings on the floor, they can scratch their own vents. Hardware was cheap - just go for it!! Chickens don't care how it looks!

Back
Top Bottom