Please, everyone post pictures of your shabby and chic coops here

So many great things about your set up, I almost do not know where to begin. I love the valance. I wanted to do something similar in regards to the drainage system into a rain barrel. Thanks for sharing, it looks great!

Here is my first coop my DH and I built. It is made from all repurposed material except the windows, the floor joist and the green treated flooring and total cost $300

The OSB I got from work. They give left over material to employees to use instead of throwing it away. It's one of their green ideas. Works for me.

Old bricks I found to make a little patio under the run door so nothing can dig its way in and the run is made from an old garden fence my sister wanted to get rid of.

8'x8' coop If you can see the door is a little crooked. I got the door from an old house we are tearing down.

The tin and 2x4's are left over from building our garage and the paint is left over deck paint.
My DH and I built another coop this past summer that I will have to take pictures of and post later.

Here is my first coop my DH and I built. It is made from all repurposed material except the windows, the floor joist and the green treated flooring and total cost $300 The OSB I got from work. They give left over material to employees to use instead of throwing it away. It's one of their green ideas. Works for me. Old bricks I found to make a little patio under the run door so nothing can dig its way in and the run is made from an old garden fence my sister wanted to get rid of. 8'x8' coop If you can see the door is a little crooked. I got the door from an old house we are tearing down. The tin and 2x4's are left over from building our garage and the paint is left over deck paint. My DH and I built another coop this past summer that I will have to take pictures of and post later.
Did you leave the inside walls unfinished? I was wondering if I could do that. Cannot wait for the others photos, thanks for posting.

Did you leave the inside walls unfinished? I was wondering if I could do that. Cannot wait for the others photos, thanks for posting.
No we have very harsh winters so I insulated with fiberglass insulation then a sheet of plastic and put up the 2'x4' OSB I got from work and painted it with an assortment of left over paint

Looks kinda like an Easter basket. I put sheets of styrofoam insulation on the ceiling and sheets of paneling from an old house we are tearing down over that.

Our coop is constructed using a storage shed kit purchased from a local home improvement store. We modified it by adding sliding "chicken doors", a wire front for ventilation during the summer, windows, and nest boxes constructed of extra materials (from where we cut the window openings).

I am positively SWOONING over your coop!

Here's our coop :) I want something bigger and more vintage glam for our next one but with our small yard, this will do for now :)

We had an old woodshed on the property that was just housing mice. So we turned it into the coop. I'll have to take a pictures of the outside and run, but here's what we did inside. We kept 4' in front for storage, the shed is 8x12:

Back
Top Bottom