please give me input if you have kids both boys abd girls

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by elijahboy, Sep 17, 2009.

1. elijahboy

elijahboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    goose creek sc
    Is it just me or

are little girls more sneaky and smarter than boys

but little boys remember EVERYTHING

I have 2 boys and a girl

for ex my 3 yeal old boy can remember his vacation from months ago better than me or my little girl

but when my little girl wants something she will say Guy (her brother) wants such and such and I say yes she says Guy WE CAN HAVE such and such. Then I say well you said Guy wanted it why are you getting some and she says THATS NOT FAIR

and it really seems that girls are cats and boys are dogs

my 5 year old little girl will tip toe to the bathroom to get water when she is not suppose to
    but gosh when my 3 year old boy wants to "sneak" it sounds like a pitbull running through the house he turns on the hall light bathroom light and the bathroom fan

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    boys are easier to raise till they hit their teens, then it switches..... but then again I am a guy and my girls just bat their eyelashes at me and say but daaaaaaaaaaaaaad. Please?

Yeah, sometimes I'm a marshmellow.

3. elijahboy

elijahboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    goose creek sc
    my girl does the same to her dad and i cant stand it

Quote:

4. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    When they become tweens/teens, watch out. LOL It only gets progressively worse. My 3 yr old can sweet talk anyone out of anything before you even know she's doing it she has what she wants. The teens that's a different story they have perfected the art of sneakiness. They know when you are preoccupied and take advantage of it. My girls are smarter, more crafty, more whiney, and my boys are more likely to lie at the drop of a hat to get out of trouble or get what they want. They are good when it comes to mechanical things but are lousy when anything deals with organization.
    The differences are like night and day but that is what makes things exciting! [​IMG]

5. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:I agree......

6. Bluemoon420

Bluemoon420 The Rooster Queen

I have a daughter, and my grandmother used to say...Girls think about what they will do THEN do it. Boys just do it then think about it later. [​IMG]

Bluemoon

7. Jamsoundsgood

Jamsoundsgood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    I've got two boys and two girls, and my sneakiest child is definetly my second son. My loudest is my oldest, most tantrum-y is my oldest son. My oldest daughter is the best at getting what she wants and my baby girl is quite the mimic. I have found as well that a lot of traits tend not to be so much gender related. My oldest son seems to be a cross between my mother and myself most of the time (except when he's throwing tantrums - I never do that [​IMG]). My youngest daughter seems to be my husband reincarnated, there isn't a mountain (or a ladder, cabinet, refridgerator, whatever) she won't climb, simply because it's there! I guess my point is that I don't think gender plays a more than a general role in children's behavior. I do believe little girl's tend to play with dolls and more "home" type things and just be more nurturing in general. Though my own boys will also play these as well. I believe that little boys tend to make anything into a gun and play war and more "macho" games, though I will say my oldest daughter is very proud of the fact that she is named after a warrior princess that kills the "baddest bad guy" and that she can take down her older brothers rather quickly when they play fight. My oldest son thinks he's letting her. [​IMG]

Okay, rant over, now back to your regular scheduled thread.

8. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    I have 3 daughters ages 10-7 and two boys 17 and 14. By FAR the boys have been easier. My 2 oldest daughters are the biggest liars I have ever met in my life. It's so frustrating because they know it's wrong. My daughters are all adopted. oldest were 2 & 3 when placed with us, the youngest 5 weeks. Older 2 (bio sisters) had a run through the foster care system. It was heart breaking to watch what they had to go through. thier behavior is very different from the other children. I never know, is this just normal for little girls? Or is it because of all they went through when they were so young. We adopted them when they were 3 &4. It was a really rough start to life for them, but they have come such a far way. I am really proud of them. But the constant lying worries me and drives me crazy.

boys are easier for sure, and I fear the teenage years with the girls!

9. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't have any daughters, but I can tell you my sons have memories like elephants, and they can hold a grudge for a long time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by