Please help… ⚠️ warning graphic photos

Coop companies lie like rugs. If it's advertised to hold 10, think 4, maximum.
What do they eat, exactly?
Yes and we are trying to build them a run but we just moved and everything is covered in snow. They eat organic layer feed and I put oregano, garlic, and red pepper in it

I have inspected them well but I think I’m going to get some DME tomorrow anyways just in case
I'd get permethrin/garden powder. I assume DME is diatomaceous earth, which is a good preventative, but it will take too long to kill all those now that they've got them, if they in fact do.

Yes and we are trying to build them a run but we just moved and everything is covered in snow. They eat organic layer feed and I put oregano, garlic, and red pepper in it

Well I guess never mind then. Isn’t that how you get rid of lice and mites?
Do you know what the protein level is on the feed? Unless you're trying to preseason them for the oven, the herbs and spices won't help with anything, and Garlic can be toxic.
Pyrethrine dust, is what's commonly used for mites and lites except in heavy infestation.

DE is worthless, waste of money and can irritate eyes and lungs.
We can differ, but we've used it as a preventative for 7 years now and know that's why we don't have lice/mites as our chickens hang out where squirrels, chipmunks, and wild birds do daily...under the wild bird feeders.

Back
Top Bottom