Please help… ⚠️ warning graphic photos

brittanylohse

Hatching
Feb 24, 2024
I have 9 chickens and all of them currently look like this on their bottoms. They’re still acting normal and laying egg. I have been putting ACV in their water and coconut oil on the exposed areas. What is this and how do I fix it?!!??!

Attachments

• IMG_8667.jpeg
    IMG_8667.jpeg
    636.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8668.jpeg
    IMG_8668.jpeg
    539.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8669.jpeg
    IMG_8669.jpeg
    457.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8664.jpeg
    IMG_8664.jpeg
    599.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8665.jpeg
    IMG_8665.jpeg
    623.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8666.jpeg
    IMG_8666.jpeg
    787.2 KB · Views: 9
Stop the acv, it won't help.
They're picking either other, that's caused by boredom, stress, poor diet and cramped quarters.

How big is their coop, for how many birds?
Complete diet?

Stop the acv, it won't help.
They're picking either other, that's caused by boredom, stress, poor diet and cramped quarters.

How big is their coop, for how many birds?
Complete diet?
I was afraid that would be the answer. We feed them good food and supplement with other “treats”. We recently moved to an area where we can’t really build a run like they used to have and everything is covered in snow. 9 hens, in a coop that was advertised up to 10

I was afraid that would be the answer. We feed them good food and supplement with other “treats”. We recently moved to an area where we can’t really build a run like they used to have and everything is covered in snow. 9 hens, in a coop that was advertised up to 10
Coop companies lie like rugs. If it's advertised to hold 10, think 4, maximum.
What do they eat, exactly?

They are 9 months old and they are made of wood
Ok thanks. Their bottoms look to me like they are rubbing due to itchiness, they appear to have abrasion. See how red the skin is? For the ones with open sores I would try to keep them coated with triple antibiotic ointment like neosporin original with no pain killer in it. I agree about the lice.

Back
Top Bottom