PLEASE HELP 6 week duckling fell and landed on her neck with head tucked

Tiggyg

Chirping
Aug 1, 2020
I wa carrying Nelson out for a swim and she got excited and half jumped half fell out of my arms onto stone. She landed on her neck with her head tucked under. I’ve tried to check for injuries and can’t find anything obvious and she seems happy enough having gone straight to the pool and splashing around like normal. Is there anything I can do or should be looking out for? Very worried and feeling very guilty

I wa carrying Nelson out for a swim and she got excited and half jumped half fell out of my arms onto stone. She landed on her neck with her head tucked under. I’ve tried to check for injuries and can’t find anything obvious and she seems happy enough having gone straight to the pool and splashing around like normal. Is there anything I can do or should be looking out for? Very worried and feeling very guilty
Just keep a eye on her! I have 3 ducklings that jump off our porch and on to rocks and they are fine.

Just keep a eye on her! I have 3 ducklings that jump off our porch and on to rocks and they are fine.
Thank you for your response! She’s my first duck so absolutely worried sick! We lost a week old runner duckling earlier this week and can’t bare to go through losing another 😢. I’ll be keeping a very close eye on her now but so far she seems her usual crazy self.

Thank you for your response! She’s my first duck so absolutely worried sick! We lost a week old runner duckling earlier this week and can’t bare to go through losing another 😢. I’ll be keeping a very close eye on her now but so far she seems her usual crazy self.
Okay, I raise Indian Runners and love them.

Nelson’s wings now seem to be twitching involuntarily and she’s preening them a lot. Never seen her do this before, is it something to be concerned about? The only info I can find is it’s to do with drying her feathers.

Nelson’s wings now seem to be twitching involuntarily and she’s preening them a lot. Never seen her do this before, is it something to be concerned about? The only info I can find is it’s to do with drying her feathers.
Did she just go swimming?

Did she just go swimming?
She did which is why I’m not sure. She’s back in the warm again now so I’ll see how she is in a bit. Hopefully it’s nothing more than a coincidence that it’s the first time she done it. She’s a little quiet but otherwise ok

She did which is why I’m not sure. She’s back in the warm again now so I’ll see how she is in a bit. Hopefully it’s nothing more than a coincidence that it’s the first time she done it. She’s a little quiet but otherwise ok
I think she was just preening.

Back
Top Bottom