PLEASE HELP! After 2.5 years, they are telling me I have 7 days to get the chickens off MY property.

I'm in Ft Lauderdale and we are in the process of trying to change our ordinance. Check out our information packet under the coops and info tab on our website www.ftlhenproject.org
There is a lot of information there about studies, myths, education and how other cities are handling the hen movement, that may be helpful if you choose to pursue the issue with your city. Good luck!

i am Evan Beaver. I am Trying To allow chickens in martin County. We have a family/ friend named James Menendez and he runs a law firm called Crary Buchanan and so he has been helping us with the legal terms of matter. We got our hearing notice for May 20th so right away we planned and we went to a county commision meeting and we requested a long term extension until we can propose an ordiance. And so today we got in contact with the administrative and they granted us an extension and cancelled the hearing. We still dont know how long the extension will be but thanks. We have a facebook page also called kbyc in martin county.

i am Evan Beaver. I am Trying To allow chickens in martin County. We have a family/ friend named James Menendez and he runs a law firm called Crary Buchanan and so he has been helping us with the legal terms of matter. We got our hearing notice for May 20th so right away we planned and we went to a county commision meeting and we requested a long term extension until we can propose an ordiance. And so today we got in contact with the administrative and they granted us an extension and cancelled the hearing. We still dont know how long the extension will be but thanks. We have a facebook page also called kbyc in martin county.
Was there any outcome to this??? I am zoned residential estate 2upa (r-2). What was the outcome??

Hey there,
I just want to let you guys know even though it's been a really long time, we're working on getting Backyard Chickens legal in Martin County. It is going to be on the agenda soon at the BOCC meeting. If you're interested and still live in Martin County, we have a petition up as well as a FB group. We'd love to have your support!
Petition: change.org/MartinCountyChickens
FB Group: Support Backyard Chickens in Martin County

Thank you,
Amber

Attachments

• Sailfish.jpg
    Sailfish.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 1
Any news on Martin County or Fort Lauderdale ordinance change?

The original posters haven't been active on BYC since 2013. Unlikely they will respond to your inquiry. FTLHenProject's website for organizing changes is 404 - an internet dead end.

Just guessing, but I'd say "no" - and since I'm using a cell phone for itnernet, i don't have the bandwidth to search on your behalf

Martin County's ordinances are found here.

If you search of keyword "poultry", you will find that the ordinance excluding them from the definition of household pets was last modified in 2002.

and that the remainder of ordinances allowing, or disallowing, poultry in particular zoning districts largely date to the 2002/2003 years. For instance:

5. In the RE-2A district:

a.
Raising of barnyard animals such as, but not limited to, pigs, goats, sheep, cows, and poultry, provided that such animals are not raised for commercial purposes.

Back
Top Bottom