Please Help!!! Are my babies dying? What can I do?

dandydoodle

Songster
9 Years
Sep 21, 2010
georgia
I have 3 Salmon Faverolle hens that are about a week and a half. When I went down to the coop tonight to check everyone in I noticed all 3 of them have something on there chests that feels like a air balloon. Does anyone know what this is what can I do? Are they dying???

Please Help,
MIchelle:hit

Are you sure that it's not just their crops? I sort of doubt that week and a half old chicks have sour crop.

They do eat a lot. They are like pigs. I believe it could be their crop but, it is really huge. I guess about a fourth of of the size of the baby. It can't be normal. I am really nervous.

Hi, Michelle. I had this same issue a few months ago with one chick. Unfortunately, she kept getting worse, and finally gave up. I hope this isn't the case for you! I couldn't really find anything to explain, but it was literally like an air balloon in her chest. I hope for the best!

Is there anything I can do? Could it be a fungal infection causing it? Are they two young to give meds for a fungal infection?

Don't do anything right now. Check them in the morning. If they look normal then what you saw was just their crops and nothing to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom