PLEASE HELP ASAP! ROUEN DUCK

Okay, I can try to get some pics. Hes a little naughty.
I do have 2 threads, the other one is different.
There are no bugs anywhere else on his body that I can see. Just the nostril.
He will barely move his neck, but he did lift his head.
He is drinking water with electrolytes in it
Still not eating.
He is in a kennel INSIDE.

Don't do solid food while he's healing up. Make it like soupy mush. This will make it easier for him. You could do really runny oatmeal, etc. Baby food kind of level.

Dry food will hurt more. That's why he's not eating it. An example of this is with dry food they will sometimes half choke and snap their head and neck back and forth to swallow better (and because they don't want to risk going to the water trough leaving all the other ducks to 'steal' all the remaining food and missing out.)

They move their necks more with solid food.

So this is why your duck isn't eating.

Go with really wet food until he's better.

For the rest of you, if you ever also get neck injuries you will also want to do wet food in the future. And you can see my reasoning above.

I was able to get a couple more off while he was kicking and screaming. Haha. He seems a little better, head and neck still sore, he holds it funny still.
Drinking water w electrolytes.
Still not eating, will eat meal worms If they are in water..
Other than that I cant get him to eat. Idk if it's because of his bill, cuz hes sore or something else.
Sorry no pictures today.

Try getting him some brewers yeast, it's a great supplement for ducks, and maybe some elections with niacin in them if you aren't already feeding, good luck, glad you could made some progress! Make sure to give us pics!
I have not been able to get him to eat!! Idk what to do. He does drink tho.

Try wetting some of his food on clear Gatorade and stringing it into his bill, if your not already doing so. Try giving him brewers yeast and niacin. Those are very important to Rowen ducks as a vitamin. Maybe that will make his neck, head stronger. Good luck

Try wetting some of his food on clear Gatorade and stringing it into his bill, if your not already doing so. Try giving him brewers yeast and niacin. Those are very important to Rowen ducks as a vitamin. Maybe that will make his neck, head stronger. Good luck
I tried wetting some food yesterday and he wasnt having it. He ate a couple meal worms, bit they were floating in water. I tried giving him a dried one and it was like he didnt wanna open his bill. But when I pick him up he tries to bite me. Lol so I know he can open it!!

Maybe see if he will eat his food out of the water, try getting ahold of done niacin and putting that in the water. If he can open his beak, keep soft food available to him, and see if he will figure it out in his own. Do you have a second person, you need to do it in a full swoop. Put a towel over his head and flip him on his side. Ounce you have all the supplies, have the second person hold him down and still while you quickly snip the feathers, flush it with water or a steril solution, and squirt antibiotic ointment into the wound, take pics along the way. Sounds like you need the second person though. But once its done it’s done, and you won’t have to do it again. So just do it in one full swoop. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom