PLEASE HELP ASAP

Brookiesflock

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 25, 2011
My little silkie hen was sitting on her eggs and was plucked right off by a stupid dog she was sitting for 6 days and never got off of them in till this happened, can I save the eggs?? I have no incubator I do have a heat lamp?? is it a loss, I'm soooo mad and sad she was a great little girl just to be taking right from her nest I really would like to save them just for her sake =(

I want to say 4 hours and its been a nice day but getting dark now, I have a heat lamp will that help

If you don't have an incubator or a broody hen then I would not try to get them to hatch, since they must be carefully turned and kept humid.

Yes, there is dry incubation (I do that myself for part of the incubation process), but near the end you will have to have humidity up or the chick can be shrink-wrapped inside the shell in the membrane.

You can run out and buy and incubator...the eggs may be a little late in hatching but there is still a chance they can survive.

Some here on BYC have built their own incubators but I have no idea how long it takes...search homemade incubator if you wish.

Back
Top Bottom