PLEASE HELP! assisting in hatching call duck eggs.

No, 3 eggs the first time but 2 weren't fertile
7 the second time, 3 weren't fertile, and 3 seemed to stop growing between day 15 - 20
Hmmm, that's concerning. Before setting more eggs, get that humidity gauge, salt test it, then get your bator going again, and consistent. You've got a good incubator, though, so that shouldn't be an issue.
I use a Brinsea octagon eco 20 without the turner. It also does not have a humidity gauge. I incubate at about 50-55% humidity, then bump that up to 70-80% for lockdown. There's no perfect number here. It's best to keep an eye on your air cells to see how they look throughout incubation.

Do you have one drake, and three hens? Does he have his favorite, and maybe the other girls aren't getting any love? I've noticed that my calls pair off. Perhaps it's because of that, that I have 100% fertility. I'm not sure. I have crap for fertility with my standard ducks because my drake has a couple favorite hens, and he ignores the others. Any observations with your flock?

Hmmm, that's concerning. Before setting more eggs, get that humidity gauge, salt test it, then get your bator going again, and consistent. You've got a good incubator, though, so that shouldn't be an issue.
I use a Brinsea octagon eco 20 without the turner. It also does not have a humidity gauge. I incubate at about 50-55% humidity, then bump that up to 70-80% for lockdown. There's no perfect number here. It's best to keep an eye on your air cells to see how they look throughout incubation.

Do you have one drake, and three hens? Does he have his favorite, and maybe the other girls aren't getting any love? I've noticed that my calls pair off. Perhaps it's because of that, that I have 100% fertility. I'm not sure. I have crap for fertility with my standard ducks because my drake has a couple favorite hens, and he ignores the others. Any observations with your flock?
Yeah, one drake three hens, he does have a favourite but it doesn't stop him mating with the other two, the five fertile ones were a mix of their different eggs (they're all different colours), Im not sure why I have such low fertility.
What's a salt test?

Yeah, one drake three hens, he does have a favourite but it doesn't stop him mating with the other two, the five fertile ones were a mix of their different eggs (they're all different colours), Im not sure why I have such low fertility.
What's a salt test?
https://www.wikihow.com/Test-a-Hygrometer

It might just be him. I have a drake that I swear shoots blanks! 🤣

I got a brinsea mini 2 advanced, so I can control tempurature but not humidity(I can add more/less water but not veiw it or change it with a button), I can control whether turning is on/off/auto, turning intival, and turn time(how long it turns for), I can turn on cooling on the 7th day(off on 24th), there's also alarms that go off when the temp starts to get to high or low, and a countdown on the display
I did read the article, multiple times, I didn't notice a bit that focused on hatching calls tho, I'm going to go through it again
Do you have a hygrometer to measure the humidity?

Back
Top Bottom