Please help. At a loss. What should I do?

chickensioux

Songster
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
Western North Carolina
This started about 2 weeks ago. I had a normal, healthy 4 week old cochin bantam. (I only have the 2 chicks) Almost overnight the one chick started having trouble standing, very wobbly. I discovered I had been feeding the wrong feed (chick starter for turkey, etc.) I figured the one was suffering from a vitamin deficiency so I got the right feed, started nutria-drench, Vit. E, selenium.

I have to feed this baby by hand otherwise, she does not seem to self feed enough. I feed her and give her the vitamins and scrambled eggs. She eats very well when I feed her, her crop gets full. The other chick keeps growing, very healthy, this one is not. She cannot walk but just scoots around. Poops are normal. One legs out front and one behind her. I have felt her hips, knees, feet, etc. all feels normal. Sometimes I think she is slightly improving, other times I think she is worse.

I ordered Avian Super Pack a week ago, it should arrive today. Am I kidding myself that she will ever really improve?

Last edited:
I seem to be having the same problem with one of my Easter Eggers. She is 10 weeks old but is good on the eating/drinking part. She eats the same food as everyone else but can't walk....it's strange :( btw I love your profile pic :)

Back
Top Bottom