PLEASE HELP!!!! bantam straight run Type and GENDER

mljohnson05

Songster
8 Years
May 16, 2011
Missouri
I need help PLEASE
big_smile.png
We bought 4 baby chicks that are bantam straight run.....I know there are different breeds, can Anyone PLEASE try to guess Type and Gender..I would great help ! They are all about 4 weeks old. Thank you for any guess u can give
big_smile.png
I posted 2 pics for each chick!

CHICK #1 (feathers on feet...Cochin?)

CHICK # 2(also feathers on feet....Cochin?)

CHICK # 3 (no feathers on feet)

CHICK # 4 (no feathers on feet)

I have NO idea, but wanted to say that#3 is absolutley beautiful! I hope it can be identified and maybe I can find one for myself!! Oman...i feel the need to expand my housing all of a sudden LOL

#1-2 could be D'uccle.(Dont usually get any other colors of cochins besides white/black/blue/self blue/red from hatcheries).Depending on what hatchery they came from.... #3 (silver laced) could be Sebright OR Old English.#4 Old English.(BB Red or duckwing . On sex...#3-4 looks like possible pullets...#1 looks like a lil comb coming up possibly...not sure on #3...

Thank you for all the replys so far....#2 has a good comb coming in ....but #1 has a small one that is lighter in color..and ( i hope a HER) feathers in person are White with a trace of silver tone.....if that helps....and i PRAY they are ALL BANTAMS...cause i was told they ALL were...and that is what we wanted...lol
And Yes #3 Is my favorite (her name is Pepper) and she is a LOUD mouth ...LOL
#1 LOVES to try and fly and is playful (hoping is a Hen)
#2 (named Tweety) Is SOOOOO LOVING....loves to cuddle..yet is very protective over the other 3
#4 (named Arrow) is also Loving, and goes with the flow of things
I also think that #1, 3, 4 are Hen and that #2 is Roo...?????
idunno.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom