PLEASE Help! button chicks/when to seperate?

ButtonquailGirl14

Crossing the Road
Jul 13, 2017
Northport WA
hey guys! so my button hen Nova has 6 button chicks, and they are just over 3 weeks old (almost fully feathered... just getting a mowhawk on their heads:lol:) . I had to separate the ale, because he wasn't good with the chicks, and I have tried to re-introduce him several times, but I was always unsuccessful.(he is too rough on them) and now he seems to be getting depressed without his mate, so my question is: when should I separate the chicks and put the male back in with the hen? I don't want to stress the momma or chicks out by separating them, but I don't want my male to get sick or really sad either:barnie What would you do?

If it were me, I'd separate the chicks from the hen. Put the male back with the hen...then wait to see what happens. You can always put them back if any trouble arises soon or suddenly and try again at a later date. That's just my
2cents.gif

If it were me, I'd separate the chicks from the hen. Put the male back with the hen...then wait to see what happens. You can always put them back if any trouble arises soon or suddenly and try again at a later date. That's just my View attachment 1579210
Thanks! I just feel bad separating the babies when my female has tried so hard to hatch them... so goes life:idunno

Back
Top Bottom