Please Help: Can a baby chick hatch without an egg tooth?

007 said it all very well. In fact, I have he same yellow top right now. And my hatch rates don't seem to go past 2/3 even. Its a real headache. It works, but the temps must be off on mine. I have lots of chicks in the egg die at around day 20. I'm happy to hear you at least had almost 100% successful rate with all eggs hatching. Just sorry that some have struggled. Husband and I are thinking about investing in a Brinsea in the future.

Glad you have a plan. Do you have a coop built for them, yet?
I have a Nurture Rite 360, too! I just bought it to try it out and maybe do a review on it. I raise pheasants and quail. It isn't a 'good' incubator for small eggs or bantam size eggs. Doesn't turn the small eggs properly.
So if your thinking of hatching bantams or other breeds of birds with small eggs, I'd recommend a different incubator.

Wishing you, your son and granddaughter the best of luck with your poultry endeavors. :)
As of right now for the ones I hatched I do not. We have the coops in the pasture that our yard birds go in. They have a couple of Donnie’s down there to protect them. Plus I picked up three bcm 7 month old Roos that now help protect my yard girls. Since the Roos came no more hawk sittings. These are going to go right beside the house. We have a carport/leanto behind our garage that we are going to turn into a three room coupe with three runs. Our dogs will be able to keep an eye out for them These will not be able to constantly free range like the other ones. But we have some time before they are ready to go outside to do that. Our main concentrate is on the Black Copper Marans and light Brahmas. Down the road we are thinking of adding Cochins. This little polish was thrown in as a bonus in our order the other polish egg was infertile. So if he decided he wanted to get some more polish eggs they wouldn’t do well in it?

007 said it all very well. In fact, I have he same yellow top right now. And my hatch rates don't seem to go past 2/3 even. Its a real headache. It works, but the temps must be off on mine. I have lots of chicks in the egg die at around day 20. I'm happy to hear you at least had almost 100% successful rate with all eggs hatching. Just sorry that some have struggled. Husband and I are thinking about investing in a Brinsea in the future.
I wish it was that rate. I had a 46% hatch rate. I still have 10 eggs in the incubator. And apparently sometime after I got my polish baby (2:20 am) out the machine decided to skyrocket up to 113F. The machines temp was saying it was stil 37.5. I about died when I seen that temp on my other thermostat. I noticed it at 5am when I went to go candle them. I am so sick to my stomach. I wrote the seller I bought it from a nice (not so nice) letter. It’s been 6 hours and still no reply. If they do not respond by tomorrow I’m filing a claim on them. This machine just cooked my poor babies. I’m so sorry to hear that about your babies.

776D0667-2F7C-4A69-B1D3-80D07ACDA30D.jpeg

I wish it was that rate. I had a 46% hatch rate. I still have 10 eggs in the incubator. And apparently sometime after I got my polish baby (2:20 am) out the machine decided to skyrocket up to 113F. The machines temp was saying it was stil 37.5. I about died when I seen that temp on my other thermostat. I noticed it at 5am when I went to go candle them. I am so sick to my stomach. I wrote the seller I bought it from a nice (not so nice) letter. It’s been 6 hours and still no reply. If they do not respond by tomorrow I’m filing a claim on them. This machine just cooked my poor babies. I’m so sorry to hear that about your babies.
So sorry- I got this thread and another mixed up.
What a real shame though, these incubators. Guess we really get what we pay for.

So sorry your hatch has been such a disaster. At least you got a few babies from it!
As for the incubator I'm currently running an IncuView and am loving it. It has a HUGE viewing area, is all plastic for easy cleaning and it's an all in one so it came with a turner.
The turner isn't the traditional kind that has the eggs up on end but rather rolls them on their sides. At first I was unsure as to how well it would turn the eggs so I marked the eggs to see just how well it turns and it actually does extremely well. If you haven't completely made up your mind yet I would suggest taking a look. Also be sure to check different websites for prices. Sometimes you can find them on a really good sale if you look around enough.

https://incubatorwarehouse.com/incu...HAUsFxqJMm1JwQS5Bnawto9cnYK44gD8aAiieEALw_wcB

So sorry your hatch has been such a disaster. At least you got a few babies from it!
As for the incubator I'm currently running an IncuView and am loving it. It has a HUGE viewing area, is all plastic for easy cleaning and it's an all in one so it came with a turner.
The turner isn't the traditional kind that has the eggs up on end but rather rolls them on their sides. At first I was unsure as to how well it would turn the eggs so I marked the eggs to see just how well it turns and it actually does extremely well. If you haven't completely made up your mind yet I would suggest taking a look. Also be sure to check different websites for prices. Sometimes you can find them on a really good sale if you look around enough.

https://incubatorwarehouse.com/incu...HAUsFxqJMm1JwQS5Bnawto9cnYK44gD8aAiieEALw_wcB
Thank you, I was actually looking at that one also. That was the very first website I went to. Believe me I am going to do 100% research online with reviews and from here and from another group on Facebook. Idk if we can mention other groups on here? Can we?

Thank you so much. So sorry to hear about your baby. This is actually my third chick I had to assist in this hatch. I will never use this incubator again. I have been a nervous wreck this whole time and have had barely two hours asleep over the last several nights. I had one hatch great on day 18. One hatched great on day 19 around 2ish am. The third hatched on day 19 around 9ish pm. That one had to go in a cup so it could absorb the rest of its yolk sac. Day 20 was a nightmare. I had to fully assist that one. It was head over wing & feet over head. But hey no egg sac. Day 21 another nightmare and another full assist. But I did have one hatch on its own that day but again with yolk sac. And now day 22 with this baby at 3/4 assist. It is doing great. Very vocal and standing to gripe at me because I have it in a coffee cup. It had very little yolk sac showing. He will get out in a little of bit once I see it’s receded and healing. And to kick it off I still have 10 eggs in the incubator and day 23 starts at 4:30pm. 9 are bc marans and 1 is a Light Brahma. At this point I feel I should just take them out of that death trap they call an incubator and put them in a styrofoam ice chest with a heat lamp and a humidifier. In an hour in a half I’m going to candle and see if I can see an internal pip and go from there. This has been one heck of an experience for our first hatch. But on the bright side they are all up and happy and running around, well except for my coffee mug one. Ill post how it all goes
What is the incubator you're using?

Back
Top Bottom