Please help. Chicken acting sick

You say its off to the left? Is it hard like an egg or really soft? A stuck egg would feel hard and be "right there" very close to the vent. If this thing is soft and offset from the oviduct, you may be feeling a tumor? Reproductive cancer is quite common in hens and many times you can feel tumors through vent exams. How old is she?

Oh wow. I didn't know that. She is a year and a few months old. It's not soft. Like I can't push it in or anything. And it feels roundish as I rub my finger along it. And its not super off to the side but when I go straight in with my finger it seems to automatically rub down the side of the egg whereas I thought I would be feeling the top of the egg.

Egg bound try holding her over some steaming water becareful not to burn her but the steam and warmth will help ease the egg out. never break a bound up egg it will 9 times out of 10 kill the hen

Oh wow. I didn't know that. She is a year and a few months old. It's not soft. Like I can't push it in or anything. And it feels roundish as I rub my finger along it. And its not super off to the side but when I go straight in with my finger it seems to automatically rub down the side of the egg whereas I thought I would be feeling the top of the egg.
Your doing good!

I Put rooster in my seperate run so she could roam her normal area and not feel stressed. She walked around a bit and groomed herself. I'm really hoping she will go into the nest and try to lay. Still not eating or drinking. She normally lays by noon so if nothing by then I will try some light steam.

With the steam thing, will she actually lay the egg over the steam, or should I steam for awhile and then let her rest to pass it?

She seems very tired

She currently just wants to lay in the sun and roll in the dirt. I was able to crush up the calcium and add a few drops of water. I dropped it on her beaks. So ate a little but kept running away. I dropped some calcium in her water and food too in case she decided to eat.

She currently just wants to lay in the sun and roll in the dirt. I was able to crush up the calcium and add a few drops of water. I dropped it on her beaks. So ate a little but kept running away. I dropped some calcium in her water and food too in case she decided to eat.

If you hold her, and offer this calcium water to her beak on a spoon...she may actually drink it.
You gotta make sure she is getting enough water.

Back
Top Bottom