Please help. Chicken acting sick

Pics
I read it in a thread called guinea talk, or something like that..I don't use drugs in my poultry, so that should be fine. Should I switch for more protein or just give them some cooked eggs?
Eggs are actually not that high in protein, so I would suggest giving some turkey or game bird starter.

@TwoCrows is someone I would listen to for anything.
Read what she wrote here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/egg-binding-symptoms-treatment-and-prevention.66978/

Part of that article:
Get yourself a latex glove and some personal lubricant like K-Y Jelly or even Vaseline. Apply a tiny bit of lubricant on the index finger and gently insert your index finger into her vent. Don't go down with your finger, but straight back. If there is a stuck egg it is usually right there within the first 1 to 2 inches inside her oviduct. The Shell Gland is about 2 inches in and many times you will feel them that far back. The egg normally doesn't get stuck in the Shell Gland, but most often closer to the cloaca or vent area. If you don't feel an egg by completely sticking your finger inside her than she is not egg bound. And if there is no egg present you would be feeling into her intestinal tract and not her oviduct. The passage to the oviduct is only open when an egg is presently moving out of the Shell Gland.
:eek:I knew I liked that woman ..

Back
Top Bottom