PLEASE HELP!! Chicken with eye closed and leaking vent !!PLEASE HELP VERY URGENT!!

I agree with @Wyorp Rock , calcium and hydration first. How is she doing today?
Hello coach723, thank you for your reply. She is doing great today. She laid a perfectly normal egg today. She hasn’t laid an egg since 3 weeks ago until today probably because of the rainy/cold weather I’m located at. Do you think there is a possibility she might be suffering from vent gleet?

So she's feeling better now? It doesn't look like vent gleet to me, more like she might have been having trouble laying an egg or had an egg break inside, could have been soft shelled or no-shelled. The calcium was recommended as it helps with contractions to help her pass anything she might be having trouble with. Sometimes they can have an egg delayed due to difficulty or snafu and another can be close behind, and they can feel awful, especially if it's a soft shelled egg, those are hard for them to pass. If she's doing better then I'd just keep an eye on her.

Hello Wyorp Rock, thank you for your reply and suggestions. Do you know what she could be suffering from? Is it possible she could be suffering from vent gleet?

Hello coach723, thank you for your reply. She is doing great today. She laid a perfectly normal egg today. She hasn’t laid an egg since 3 weeks ago until today probably because of the rainy/cold weather I’m located at. Do you think there is a possibility she might be suffering from vent gleet?
Is she feeling better now since she laid the egg?

In your photos she looked like a hen having trouble with expelling an egg or having reproductive difficulties not suffering from a yeast infection (Vent Gleet), this is why Extra Calcium was suggested to see if it would help her pass or expel whatever she was having troubles with.

I'd still give her Extra Calcium for a week if she were mine.

Get Calcium into her ASAP. Work on hydration.
You can find Calcium Citrate with D3 in the vitamin aisle of stores like Walmart, CVS, etc. Give 1 tablet daily, just pull down on her wattles, pop the tablet into the beak and let her swallow.

So she's feeling better now? It doesn't look like vent gleet to me, more like she might have been having trouble laying an egg or had an egg break inside, could have been soft shelled or no-shelled. The calcium was recommended as it helps with contractions to help her pass anything she might be having trouble with. Sometimes they can have an egg delayed due to difficulty or snafu and another can be close behind, and they can feel awful, especially if it's a soft shelled egg, those are hard for them to pass. If she's doing better then I'd just keep an eye on her.
Hello coach723, yes, when i let her out of the coop she was already back to normal/happy and a few hours later she laid an egg. Her egg she laid yesterday was perfectly healthy and good (mentioned in previous comments).

Is she feeling better now since she laid the egg?

In your photos she looked like a hen having trouble with expelling an egg or having reproductive difficulties not suffering from a yeast infection (Vent Gleet), this is why Extra Calcium was suggested to see if it would help her pass or expel whatever she was having troubles with.

I'd still give her Extra Calcium for a week if she were mine.
Hello Wyorp Rock, she was feeling better before she laid the egg. When i let her out of the coop yesterday, she was apparently back to normal and happy. A few hours later she laid an egg which was perfectly good and healthy looking with no issues. I will be giving her extra calcium this week. Thank you for your suggestions! :)

Back
Top Bottom