PLEASE HELP CHICKEN WITH SWOLLEN EYE!

The_Silkie_Farm

Songster
Apr 26, 2019
Cypress, Texas
My Coop
My Coop
My friends chicken has a swollen and bulging eye that won’t subside. She’s been to the vet 3 times and it’s not getting better? Any ideas or thoughts on this one guys? 🤞🙏🙏🙏 thanks to all!! Please see below for what her vet has suggested so far, it’s had these full doses of antibiotics for 3 days now and it’s not getting any better but worse…

It got injection of convenia 80mg/10ml, vitamin b complex shot and neomycin and polymyxin b sulfates dexamethasone ophthalmic ointment I put in 2xday. He also said it has cocci and I'm treating with approximately for 7 days withdoxycycline caps mix in the water.
This is day 4.
She still eats and drinks just fine. It's my baby
I'm not getting puss anymore but the swelling doesn't go down.

Attachments

• E9BA054B-7932-4218-9B3C-8B8B91D98146.jpeg
    E9BA054B-7932-4218-9B3C-8B8B91D98146.jpeg
    709.4 KB · Views: 11
Coccidiosis shouldn't cause the eye to swell. It may be a separate issue. If it's not responding to the antibiotic, it may not be a bacterial infection, but an allergic reaction to a bite or something.

You can try children's Benedryl in addition to the current treatment for coccidiosis. It must be children's Benedryl. Use only .5ml as a single dose. If no improvement, wait a full 24 hours and do a second dose. If that doesn't improve the eye, then it's not an allergic reaction.

Back
Top Bottom