Please Help - day 23, internally pipped - attempted assist by making small hole in air cell but blood came out

Yes I need to stay calm. I don’t believe she’s getting outside air, when the puncture hole I made bleed I’m pretty sure it sealed itself up almost immediately. She stopped peeping. There is no external Pip. I don’t see any choice but to put another hole in so she can breathe. What do you think?

Ok it’s done. She had stopped moving completely but once I put the hole in I felt some slight movement - can now hear a tiny tapping sound and got one peep. I will wait an hour to see what she does and then maybe assist further
I’m breathing a sigh of relief for you. How are the other 2 doing?

The membrane doesn’t look shrink wrapped I don’t think,
I’m breathing a sigh of relief for you. How are the other 2 doing?
They are doing great 😭 am crying my eyes out! This is so emotional! One of them was malpositioned, she pipped at the small end of her egg near the yoke. I had to assist her a tiny bit but she did the rest on her own. Hopefully this wee love survives 😭😭 there is one other egg, it hasn’t internally pipped at all. I have felt some very slight movement from it earlier today but nothing now. Don’t know if I should try and help it or not

Ok ok thank you thank you so much! I realise I am panicking needlessly, thank you so much for your help. I just heard another peep!1
I know how upsetting it can be to see a chick struggling, but she’s breathing outside air and sounds like she’s attempting to zip on her own. I feel what you’re going through. I raise Seramas, and they can have hatching issues. Patience is your best friend right now. Please keep updating.

I definitely will. She’s has peeped another 2 times. Could be just my imagination but sounds a wee bit louder maybe. 😅😅

I have candled the other one again and have drawn a ring around the air cell (I will never ever make the mistake again I did with the other one). it has not internally pipped but I can see what I’m pretty sure is its beak just on the other side of the air cell. No movement at all that I can feel. What would you do? Should I try to help?

Back
Top Bottom