Please help! Do I need to put coconut oil on pip?

Pics
I guess time will tell. Thank you for the help. It did have membrane stuck on its neck tightly. Probably wouldn't have hatched on it's own
Oh so he's out? That's good. Any pics? Hopefully he'll do ok. Let me know how he is in the morning.

I will let you know how he does. He's looking for mama and keeps throwing himself over. He is so fussy though. I believe the hatch was really hard on it

I will let you know how he does. He's looking for mama and keeps throwing himself over. He is so fussy though. I believe the hatch was really hard on it
Ok. I hope he does well. I'm going to bed now, good night. Talk to you tomorrow.

He did knick a blood vessel when he pipped and this is where it is stuck on him. You can tell that it's old blood. Poor little chick. Whatever happens, I'm so happy it got out of the egg and got to stretch out. I was worried about its eyes but apparently it just needed a minute. I'm trying to get a picture

That big abdomen has me worried. To be honest, it always does and I always find myself trying to remember what the last chick looked like and how big their abdomen was. It does seem big overall. It's getting much better at not falling over now, but it's so exhausted.
20200811_010015.jpg

That big abdomen has me worried. To be honest, it always does and I always find myself trying to remember what the last chick looked like and how big their abdomen was. It does seem big overall. It's getting much better at not falling over now, but it's so exhausted.
View attachment 2285593
Awww. Is he doing well this morning? The big abdomen is pretty normal. He looks really good to me. I'm so glad you got him out.

He seems to be doing well this morning. It's taking forever for him to fluff up because the humidity is finally staying up (after I actually needed it to, hahaha). I thought about trying to remove some of the water by soaking it back up through the water ports with a paper towel but I might just leave it so he can rest. I turned the lights off last night and I believe he finally got some uninterrupted rest but he is still tired.
Mally's chick is tired still this morning too. That chick is so cute! It's actually more cute than I imagined. I'm very excited to see how this chick feathers out.
Thank you for asking and thank you for helping! I am so grateful for your help.

Back
Top Bottom