Please Help...Duckling ate pantyhose????

DaftaboutDucks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 3, 2011
Ontario
I hope I posted this in the right section....I also posted in emergency section. Three of our Rouen babies(6 weeks old) have Angel Wing. So after reading up on treatment we tried the pantyhose method last night. This morning we found that one had slipped the pantyhose off and we can't find it in the brooder & I haven't checked to see if they buried it. What should we do. Was thinking of dosing them all with olive oil to help the passage. Oh what to do??? We weren't thinking that they might eat it. I don't know where my head was at.........he I feel really bad. hit Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

ep.gif
caf.gif

None of them are acting any stranger than usual Lone Star. I dug up the brooder with a hand trowel and checked in & around the water dish....nothing. It's not hanging out of anyone beak and I checked all there crops & I can't feel anything????? What the heck is wrong with my head????
hit.gif

YOu need to empty out the WHOLE brooder and look for it. They are ducks..it probably needs to be cleaned anyways!
lol.png

Well now don't I feel silly:
hide.gif
...but really really relieved!!! I found the pantyhose......on the duck that I thought slipped it .......just was under his feathers. It's dark brown to hopefully to prevent the only one that didn't have the pantyhose on from pecking @ the others. So I removed all the pantyhose for now.....maybe the vet wrap would be better.(it's purple)lol I think perhaps I'm in dire need of more sleep??? Thank You very much to those that responded. It helped me to think & stop panic mode.

Back
Top Bottom