Please help, duckling pipped wrong end of egg :(

MotherDucker3

Chirping
May 28, 2021
Day 26 and my duckling has pipped but on the opposite end of the aircell and at the bottom of the egg... Only some egg shell is broken but looks like he's trying to get through membrane currently. From what I read they are supposed to pip in the aircell. So I'm very worried...Someone please tell me he can still hatch successfully. Video below

This article covers the same predicament. I suggest reading it and then reading it again, just to clarify. There are risks involved with assisting a hatch, but there is also a risk whenever a chick does this. Please let us know if you have any questions. If I can't help, we'll find someone that's able to. This article is amazing and I read it every time it's getting close to hatch date.

OK. It should still be a bit before it's ready to hatch since it's only Day 26. If the shell is cracked, it's getting air and you have time to read over that article multiple time to gain confidence in the tips and tricks mentioned.

This article covers the same predicament. I suggest reading it and then reading it again, just to clarify. There are risks involved with assisting a hatch, but there is also a risk whenever a chick does this. Please let us know if you have any questions. If I can't help, we'll find someone that's able to. This article is amazing and I read it every time it's getting close to hatch date.
Where is the article? is there a link?

Back
Top Bottom