Please help flock suddenly very I’ll lost one hen already

The chicks All are still doing well none seemed to have caught it I threw out and replaced all the feed 2 more hatched since this pic one a week later and one today

Also it wasn’t a bad molt bc she still has a bald head from rooster mating with her so she never molted they just thought she was cause her feathers got all matted in a way i bathed her in Epsom salts (when I thought she was egg bound ) and got those feathers out her butt ones had stuck poop along with the currently sick Silkie is constantly getting poop in his butt feathers I’ve been cleaning him a lot but he keeps re soiling himself the hen and rooster are not having this issue of poop cakked feathers on butt rooster hasn’t crowed all day

Lost my rooster and the other sick hen closest place I could get the meds was over an hour drive one way I brought them with cause it was cold and rainy out and wanted to get the meds In them asap after rooster passed this morning :/ I can’t remember the last time I cried like that it’s illegal to have chickens in my town and before getting sick last thing he remembers is me yelling at him to stop crowing I gave her the meds in parking lot she seemed ok and was cold and stiff when I got home worse is the last of thier eggs I had from the ones I lost hatched today so they will probably catch it I have them far apart and will wash hands constantly and make sure nothing that’s touched them gets near the babies I especially need these chicks to make it they’re all I have left of the dead ones
There is a local laws and ordinances part of the forum that I think you should go to if you haven't already.

I think you did lots for your chickens and I am sure they are glad they had a good person to look after them.:hugs
I am hoping all goes well with the chicks.

Back
Top Bottom