Please help...getting frustrated...

Ourtinyfarm

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2020
About a month ago, we treated our flock for coccidiosis based one several bloody poops. They all got 1 week of treatment. No bloody poops for a few days then noticed it again. We then figured out which chicken was still sick and culled her (since she was much worse even after treatment and wanted to save the flock). We treated them all again for 5-7 days after she was gone. Now 2 weeks have gone by and all of that flock seem great. They have a huge coop, huge outside run, and seem fine. Today we see this in the coop. Note: Some of the oldest ones are nearing laying age. Thoughts?????

Attachments

• 128E28F2-25ED-4B47-8DF1-2EF385E9902E.jpeg
    128E28F2-25ED-4B47-8DF1-2EF385E9902E.jpeg
    686.6 KB · Views: 12
I know it can be hard to tell from a photo, but my first thought was "has that bird been eating berries?" Mulberries are ripe in my area, and the wild birds are pooping purple messes all over, so I'm currently very aware that berries can change bird poop!

About a month ago, we treated our flock for coccidiosis based one several bloody poops. They all got 1 week of treatment. No bloody poops for a few days then noticed it again. We then figured out which chicken was still sick and culled her (since she was much worse even after treatment and wanted to save the flock). We treated them all again for 5-7 days after she was gone. Now 2 weeks have gone by and all of that flock seem great. They have a huge coop, huge outside run, and seem fine. Today we see this in the coop. Note: Some of the oldest ones are nearing laying age. Thoughts?????

Here is a better picture

Attachments

• F9ECD21A-1568-47B9-B7F5-F87893AAC901.jpeg
    F9ECD21A-1568-47B9-B7F5-F87893AAC901.jpeg
    573 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom